PDA

View Full Version : exercise

eddie d
04-03-07, 22:44
i took up running about a year ago and slowly but surely my anxiety and panic is getting less frequent .it seems to be the more fitter im getting the better im coping .
do you think exercise helps you cope ???

nomorepanic
04-03-07, 22:52
Yep

Help me to stop panic attacks

We have some other posts about exercise so have a search for them.

ricochet
05-03-07, 02:39
Hi
yes i think exercise does help...i seem to feel i can cope better doing it

Be safe
Rich

QueenVictoria
05-03-07, 03:05
yea, people are always telling me excersize helps anxiety, cause it lets out all your tension for it. so, keep it up and congrats!

cattttt
05-03-07, 04:04
Yes, exercise is great, makes you feel good and gets rid of all that adreniline.

jo61
05-03-07, 08:37
It is good. The best natural antidepressant around! It's finding the motivation when I'm down is the struggle for me. Also, doing too much when I should be resting.

elle-jay
05-03-07, 13:24
yeah i always feel alot better once i've gone for a walk or something, altho sometimes i get all panicky while im on my walk, but most of the time its ok and i feel alot better.

Paddington
05-03-07, 13:31
i heard this too ,so i have got a treadmill!!The agoraphobics friend!!I have yet to feel the endorphines kick in as i cant go fast enuff yet.ha ha ha ha!!But will keep on trying!XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

honeybee
05-03-07, 13:47
the first time i went to gym after getting panic attacks i freaked out cos i associated my tight chest etc with anxiety but as soon as i got past that it was the most amazing way to de-stress... really improved my anxiety and made me less scared of panic attacks because i finally had something positive to associate with the feelings i was experiancing both in the gym and during a panic attack (hot, sweaty, breathless, legs wobbly etc)

djm
05-03-07, 18:26
You know, the strangest thing. I have heard so often how exercise helps. My wife and I actually OWN a commercial gym in London, so I really have no excuse, yet I still can't bring myself to exercise for fear of how I might feel ! I used to enjoy working out so much too !