PDA

View Full Version : some help please

ian6989
22-03-16, 21:17
hi guys i have been diagnosed with acute anxiety disorder and depersonalisation but i don't really no much about it. its like i constantly don't no if I'm in my body or not. i always feel like I'm not really here and stuff. but the one that is really weird at the moment is say if I'm sat there i can't get my ind off my legs no matter what there doing
e.g. if i cross them my mind is really aware of it and its like i can't forget about it ?? its really really weird
i have just started an increase of citalopram and started seroquel swell by my psych. i go through all sorts of strange feelings swell that i can't describe. i don't no if I'm in my body or out of it ? any help would be much appreciated
thank you

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 21:16 ----------

***mind off my legs

unspoken
22-03-16, 22:35
Hi Ian. That sounds scary and stressful, having those kind of depersonalisation feelings. I have had some depersonalisation feelings as a side effect of Mirtazapine and it was really strange and quite worrying in itself at times.

It's good that you've got a psychiatrist treating you. Hopefully the medication will help you. I don't really know what to advice, except that my psychiatrist told me that I have "meta-anxiety" - anxiety about anxiety itself. It sounds unhelpfully patronising, but try not to worry about the thoughts you're having, they are just thoughts and feelings.

ian6989
22-03-16, 22:41
hi thanks for the reply
i was originally on mirtazapine for a month
i am not on it anymore. i was on 30mg and my psych told me to take 15mg for 3 nights then to stop. maybe the mirtazpine has done this to me ? i am not entirely sure ? i just constantly always feel weird and not normal and go through loads of strange feelings throughout the day. i don't no if I'm obsessing over DP also that could be the case? i just want my life back i am only 26 :( its like when I'm lay down all my mind is focused on is my body and my legs and i can't get my mind off them ? do you have any idea what this could be ? many thanks