PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else experience this falling asleep?

Girl18
23-03-16, 12:20
It seems as if whenever I am under a lot of stress and anxiety, I have trouble falling asleep. It's as if my lungs get super heavy and and I have trouble breathing. Then when I try to fall asleep, I fear I'll stop breathing.

Last night I had this happen to me. I've been under a lot of stress with a death of a loved one and my health anxiety. I basically got so freaked out I couldn't fall asleep, my heart rate rose, and I got very hot. I relaxed myself with deep breathing and eventually did fall asleep. I get very freaked out when this happens. Does it happen to you?

LouiseHannah
23-03-16, 16:42
This happens to me quite a bit when I get myself worked up, it's good that the deep breathing helped you. It can be really scary when things like this happen but if deep breathing helps it's most likely anxiety. x

Buster70
24-03-16, 10:48
Hi , yes happens to me to it jolts me awake heart pounding and out of breath , then it's starts a cycle so I don't get much sleep , my life is always a stress so I get it a lot , haven't got a cure but you're not alone , take care