PDA

View Full Version : I recommend it!

kd
27-09-04, 20:27
I think hypnotherpy is the best thing around for us. If only I'd consdired it at the peak of my problems - then again, i might have been too overwhelming with all the isues I had in my head at that time.

It offers a chance to offload, understand your anxiety, and self esteem with me ... and be realistic about things.

The route of my anxiety is self esteem - which is probably the casewith many of us here. itas only when that is tackled that we can begin to control our anxiety - thats what I hope anyway.

We've got to stop beating ourselves up !

clearly I'm feeling postive about it right now. feel some light relief!

On session 2 and its helping me come to terms with a few issues I have with myself.

Meg
27-09-04, 20:42
Hi kd,

We've certainly got a few real successes following on from sessions of hypnotherapy. Fabulous.

It seems to give a helping hand in confidence and positive messages to go out and push back those boundaries .

It is not recommended for people still in a very extremely acute as they are unable to relax enough to allow the hypnosis to be effective.

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

kd
27-09-04, 20:52
Yes, of course, I can imagine that it is necessary also to have got to the stage of being able to talk openly about problems and issues that cause anxiety.

I only feel ready for this after a year of trying to sort myself out with medication and pushing myself into anxiety inducing activities at work to practice.

Maybe its one of the latter things to give a go. A year ago I was considering taking out a £4k loan and made enquiries about a sympathectomy. I've come a long way since then, still got a distance to go, but the current hypnotherapy is helping.

Cheers!

Meg
27-09-04, 20:53
You're doing great !

Its good to see

Meg

seh1980
27-09-04, 20:55
I have thought about giving it a go but never have done - I might do now!!

Sarah :D

Karen
27-09-04, 21:01
I'm having hypnotherapy and the therapy is definitely helping me but I do find it difficult to relax during the hypnosis.

Briary

pips
27-09-04, 22:03
That's brill news.

I'm also having Hypnotherapy at the moment! Have had 2 sessions. Although good I'm still finding it a bit strange to get used too.

Take care

Love PIP'S XX

kd
28-09-04, 08:44
briany, i must admit I do find it hard to totally relax. i can still hear whats going on around, and get a little distracted. But regardless of that I'm still breathing very slowly, deeply and find it a little difficult to come out of it immediately so we're probably a lot more relaxed than we think. I am thinking at the same time as listening to my hypnotherapist. She said that despite his my subconscious is still doing its thing! One thing I have noticed is that I have very vivid symbolic dreams after these sessions that relate to what she has told me under hypnosis. .... after my first dream i had that teeth falling out dream and i was collecting allmy crumbling teeth - they were coming out by the bucket load. i was struggling so hard to fid a doctor and dentist that would see me - it was like running over hurdles. Finally after a marathon I found a doctor and dentist (had to see both). They told me there wasn't a problem my teeth were starting to grow again and that they'll help me. - I find that very symbolic to that feeling of insecurity that goes with the teeth dream but I was getting help at the end of it.

My hypnotherapist told me I'm really caring about other people and not nevessarily myself. i wouldn't put others down as I do myself. She taught me to think of myself as my pet cat and I'm going to feed it well, treat it well, and compliment it well ........ we'll see!

I think what you learn in your session carries through becuase your subconcious is learning nice things about yourself and getting rid of those horrible things we say about ourselves - e.g. they think I'm useless etc....

Karen
28-09-04, 22:20
Hi kd

Yes, I can hear what is going on around too but I think that is usual.

What is different for me is that I am not very relaxed at all. I still have trouble controlling my breathing, especially is my hypnotherapist asks me anything during the hypnosis, or to nod. I don't find it difficult to come out of it at the end either. I think my experience of hypnosis is a little different to yours.

I still think I am maybe too anxious during my sessions to get the full benefit of the hypnosis.

Briary

kd
29-09-04, 08:26
Perhaps try a little meditation or deep breathing before you go to your session. ... I actually remain on my venlafaxine so perhaps this helps too. My breathing is very rapid but before i know it I'm breathing from my stomache and not from my throat - sure you know what I mean!

I'm going to try and learn to meditate. I have bought a 'mediation for dummies' book and I'm booked for a day course with the local buddhist group with my pal. Perhaps you could consider that.

kd
19-10-04, 16:03
I have had my 4th session today and really feel 100% better. I've got 2 more to go so maybe I'll be 150% better. Just feel so much more positive. Its really sorted my self esteem - it was so low before. I've stopped going on downers and being negative about myself. ... I've even found myself starting to wear bright coloured tops. Must be working!!! Its encouraged me to get out there and be me - I've started a tai chi class too.

I think this is something that is great for you once you've got to a particular stage in your development. Tjis has been the icing on the cake.

I had an exam the other day and felt very relaxed. No beta-blockage required! I've yet to come off the antidepressants so this is my next stage!

Just wanted to share my positivity!

jill
19-10-04, 16:11
Hi Kd:D

[Wow!] you are doing sooooooo well.
A big WELL DONE.

LOVE JILLXXX

May your troubles be less
and your blessings be more
and nothing but happiness
come through your door

kd
19-10-04, 16:37
thank you Jill !

I hope it lasts!! ... I'm sure it will! (wwoooohhhh, postive talk!!) ... that was so not me before!

:)

Karen
19-10-04, 16:45
Well done Kd. It's great you've had such a fantastic result from this.

Briary

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

nomorepanic
19-10-04, 17:58
KD

Great news !!! I used to love it too - so relaxing isn't it?

If you have found something that works for you then keep at it cos it is obviously working well for you.

So pleased that you feel so much brighter now and even wearing brighter clothes too.

Let us know how it goes along the way ok?

Nicola

kd
15-11-04, 18:40
Hello everybody!

I've jsut had my last session today and I feel like a new me. I'm no longer so self destructive with my thinking and feel so positive about ME now. I like myself ! wowee!!

I've entered a new phase in my life becuase of the hypnotherapy -I've since taken up tai chi, meditation (I just love feeling tranced!) and eating better ... and I no longer want to drink so much alcohol. I want to do ther things in my life. Plus, I feel good at work.

This has been the making of me and I recommend anyone else to give it a go! It was the icing on the cake!!

Good luck to anyone seeking it out!

PS.. my hypnotherapist said its okay to blush, its attractive. Somehow her saying it makes me feel okay about the blushing now!

Meg
15-11-04, 18:45
Superb .

I'm so pleased you feel so much better and are feeling better about yourself too.

Many Congratulations

Meg

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Karen
15-11-04, 18:56
Hi kd

I'm glad to hear you are feeling so much better, and actually like yourself :).

It's great you had such a positive experience with hypnotherapy.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.