PDA

View Full Version : seriously bloated abdomen!?

daphnem
23-03-16, 20:45
I've been sitting at my desk working like crazy for four hours straight pretty much, and I just went to pee after drinking a whole litre of water and my abdomen/lower stomach was so, SO bloated. It went down by about half after I peed but it was huge. I get bloated a lot around that area and normally I have cramps with it but I don't feel any pain at the moment, touchwood. Am I okay? I'm going to stop studying now because I wonder if maybe my body is telling me to chill out a bit but it's made me really shaken up and I feel super anxious now. I feel like I've heard about a swollen abdomen being really bad before but I don't want to google it or anything because I don't want to frighten myself any more. Need some reassurance! :-(

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:38 ----------

I also hadn't eaten anything since lunch time so could that have had an impact?

Lifelonganxiety!
23-03-16, 22:09
Try to imagine putting a litre bottle inside of you, it's got to go somewhere so that could look like bloating. Food takes a while to go through your system as well, so last night's dinner might still be bloating you. Or it could be gas. So many things, totally benign. It went down after peeing so just wait it out and pee some more! You'll be fine!

silver_shoes
24-03-16, 00:05
As someone who has had IBS for many years, I absolutely swear by peppermint tea when I am feeling bloated :) Works really well for me personally. And going for a walk does too, sometimes. Also don't forget the effect that any stress we are under, has on our tums!