PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Brian123
23-03-16, 23:03
Where do I start, found this site through another site, I had my first panic attack when I was 16, thought I was going off my head, too me a while to get through it but I did, over the years I have had one or two relapses, but generally been able to control things now, about 8 years ago I went into afib after drinking probably too much alcohol, then a couple of years later the same thing happened, prior to this I always had the odd one or two ectopic heart beats which worried me at the time, but was told by doc there was nothing to worry about, what brings me here now is the ectopic heartbeats are a lot worse, I can go weeks without any, then they come back with a vengeance, which really scares the crap out of me, I have had ecg's, 24 hour monitor etc, they came back clear with benign ectopic beats, so why am I here? I am finding it difficult to cope with these ectopic beats, even though I have been assured they wont be the end of me, its easy to say they wont harm you, but when its happening to you, you just feel helpless, I am not quite sure if there is a link between anxious people and these ectopic beats? hopefully reading other peoples posts on here will maybe help me cope a bit better than I am.

p.s I am on 5mg of bisoprolol to control things, I'm not quite sure if they are actually doing anything

venusbluejeans
23-03-16, 23:08
Hiya BrianR and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Mark13
24-03-16, 16:39
Hi Brian. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

Brian123
24-03-16, 19:26
thank you for the welcomes :-)