PDA

View Full Version : Crying feeling

ServerError
23-03-16, 23:05
Hi all,

I've posted a few threads lately and had some lovely replies and really been reassured. I think I'm doing quite well with my anxiety overall. However, there's a symptom I've had for a while now and although it doesn't bother me too much, it feels odd and when I explained it to my GP, I wasn't at my best and don't think I properly described it. Perhaps some else has experienced what I'm about to describe?

Basically, for about four or five weeks now, I've felt like my eyes are trying to cry. I don't mean that they water. They stay dry and normal. I mean I feel that sense we get before we either burst into tears or start to weep. It's like pressure in the front of my head, as if I'm having an emotional response to something. But I don't feel that emotion. My mood is actually pretty good. It does come and go, but sometimes I feel like I'm about to burst into tears. I refuse to resist it, as I see no shame in crying, but it never comes. I don't feel like I need to cry. I feel... more or less fine, albeit a bit worried about my eyesight. It just feels like something is physically saying 'you're about to cry', but then I don't.

A couple of bits of info that may be relevant: I'm on 100mg of Sertraline and feel it's helping me greatly. Could this be the cause? I've also had CT scans and MRI scans that showed sinusitis (and nothing else) - could it be linked to this?

I'll mention it to my GP again when I see her next week and try and give her a better explanation (I think she thought I was just saying I need to cry, which isn't the case). As I say, it's a tolerable feeling, but it's odd. Really odd.

ServerError
24-03-16, 13:23
I hate to bump a thread (really I do) but I just thought I'd give it one more try to see if anyone had any thoughts.

Won't do it again. Promise.

Josh1234
24-03-16, 13:30
well, the tear ducts are right there with your sinuses. if you have a history of sinus issues, I would not be shocked if it was an allergy or sinus issue of some sort.

ServerError
24-03-16, 15:44
Hi Josh. I'm not convinced that's what it is. I'd more inclined to say it's an effect of the medication or something being slightly out of kilter emotionally, but thanks for your response. I always appreciate people trying to help.

Josh1234
24-03-16, 16:50
Hi Josh. I'm not convinced that's what it is. I'd more inclined to say it's an effect of the medication or something being slightly out of kilter emotionally, but thanks for your response. I always appreciate people trying to help.

Well, there is no real way to know right now, so its definitely a possibility. You had sinusitis before. Your tear ducts are attached to your sinuses.