PDA

View Full Version : Sore tongue - Is it my mouthwash?

DeeBee27
24-03-16, 10:50
Hi everyone,

I haven't posted on here recently because I've been able to control my health anxiety a bit better since I started having CBT sessions.

However. I'm really worried to the point i'm sat here googling my symptoms and crying, really scared I have mouth or tongue cancer.

The start on March, I felt like the left side of my tongue felt sore, like it had been burnt. I noticed over the next day that I mouth ulcer developed. Luckily, it went away by the 4th March so not really there long.

Since then my tongue has felt sore, achy and like it's burnt still on that same side in the same place. There is no ulcer.

I'm worried it's cancer. I have been to the dentist recently for a check up, but I forgot to tell him about my tongue because it wasn't hurting that day.

I have been using Listerine Mouthwash (Total Care) and been brushing my tongue.

Ive tried listing all the rational reasons this could be; brushing tongue too hard, mouthwash too strong, tooth rubbing against it. But my mind still races to Mouth Cancer. I'm tempted to make a doctors appointment but i'm scared that its either cancer or ill be wasting their time.

Has anyone else had this feeling on their tongue?

Thanks
DeeBee

venusbluejeans
24-03-16, 12:03
Ive tried listing all the rational reasons this could be; brushing tongue too hard, mouthwash too strong, tooth rubbing against it.

99.99% what it is likely to be

MrsDavies
24-03-16, 16:04
Totally agree with the above poster.... Mouth cancer is so so rare, it's highly unlikely that would be the reason PLUS you've been to your dentist recently so he would of noticed any abnormalities.

DeeBee27
24-03-16, 19:07
Thank you both so so much!

I know it sounds silly, but it helps to have someone else's perspective.

I've been doing so well thanks to the CBT but today, it completely overpowered me (the health anxiety). I guess I just need to accept the good days and the bad days.

thanks again I really appreciate it

MrsDavies
24-03-16, 21:07
Thank you both so so much!

I know it sounds silly, but it helps to have someone else's perspective.

I've been doing so well thanks to the CBT but today, it completely overpowered me (the health anxiety). I guess I just need to accept the good days and the bad days.

thanks again I really appreciate it

No problem :)
Don't worry about sounding silly, we are all in the same boat, having similar struggles. HA can take a real nasty grip sometimes but tomorrow is a new day!

Mistraal
25-03-16, 20:56
I have that right now. It started today. I haven't looked at it yet. :unsure: