PDA

View Full Version : Am i being anxious or is this something that needs investigating? Desperate

KatiePink
24-03-16, 11:19
Hi everybody, let me just say that i'm new to this site and whilst i know it isn't a doctor's diagnosis site, i am just looking for general advice as to whether anyone has experienced this.

Last year i started to get what i can only describe as and off balance, swaying, lightheaded feeling. I've been finding it hard to see if it is the room that seems like it is moving or me, but the more i think about it i am sure it is the feeling that i am moving/swaying. When i first got this it lasted for about 4 weeks constant. It then went away suddenly and came back on one or two occasions but only lasting the day.

It started again about 4-5 weeks ago and has been constant. This time a bit worse. I'm never sick with it, although it can make me feel sick especially when i am lay down,

Feeling of my head swaying from one side to another,
Feeling of leaning to one side more,
Lightheaded(as in feel faintish)
Feeling of being on a boat? Drunk

I tend to get a lot of headaches, i have really tense neck muscles that seize up every now and then which i am being sent to physio for.
I get a lot of pain in my ears and always have head pressure.

My GP says she thinks it is linked to my sinuses. I had sinusitis once or twice.(Dreadful)

She said my blood pressure was slightly low today but nothing worrying, i do have Sinus arrhythmia, only found out a few months ago. But i don't know much about this.

Can anyone relate or reassure me about any of these symptoms, not looking for a diagnosis. My anxiety immediately makes me think of a brain tumour or tumour somewhere in my head :-(

I've never had a CT scan or anything like that,

Thanks in advance

Beckie4567
24-03-16, 11:31
I had a sinus infection and was like that for few weeks it was horrible the more o thought about it tho the worse it was.try to occupy your mind on something else

KatiePink
24-03-16, 11:32
That's true it does get far worse the more attention i give it, so hard to try and forget about it because you just don't feel in control at all :weep:

MrsDavies
24-03-16, 16:08
It sounds like a form of vertigo to me.... Try not to worry, your doctor thinks it's sinus related which makes complete sense and would fit in with the symptoms your describing. I highly doubt it's a BT, they usually present other symptoms of which you haven't mentioned. It definitely sounds sinus related or possibly a recurring ear infection/blockage.

KatiePink
24-03-16, 16:29
It sounds like a form of vertigo to me.... Try not to worry, your doctor thinks it's sinus related which makes complete sense and would fit in with the symptoms your describing. I highly doubt it's a BT, they usually present other symptoms of which you haven't mentioned. It definitely sounds sinus related or possibly a recurring ear infection/blockage.

Thanks for replying, when i use my logical side i can accept the chances are beyond slim and that it is probably what they think it is(whatever that is). When my symptoms are really bad like last week i spent all day everyday in bed because of the pressure in my head and face, my anxiety increases so much and i'm back to
"They've missed something" "its a brain tumour"
I suppose it's about catching myself in the act so to speak and stopping that train of though

MrsDavies
24-03-16, 16:36
Thanks for replying, when i use my logical side i can accept the chances are beyond slim and that it is probably what they think it is(whatever that is). When my symptoms are really bad like last week i spent all day everyday in bed because of the pressure in my head and face, my anxiety increases so much and i'm back to
"They've missed something" "its a brain tumour"
I suppose it's about catching myself in the act so to speak and stopping that train of though

I haven't experienced sinus problems myself but I know many people on here have and they seem to describe almost exactly the same symptoms as you with pressure in the face/forehead/eyes being one of the most common. Plus, anxiety makes you focus on things far to much which only makes sensations and feelings 10X worse and more noticeable. If the doctor even remotely thought your symptoms were something serious he/she would of rushed you of straight away for tests and scans. I know it's hard not to worry when you have a particular fear though :hugs:

KatiePink
24-03-16, 16:40
I haven't experienced sinus problems myself but I know many people on here have and they seem to describe almost exactly the same symptoms as you with pressure in the face/forehead/eyes being one of the most common. Plus, anxiety makes you focus on things far to much which only makes sensations and feelings 10X worse and more noticeable. If the doctor even remotely thought your symptoms were something serious he/she would of rushed you of straight away for tests and scans. I know it's hard not to worry when you have a particular fear though :hugs:

Precisely i focus on them so much i know what i;m doing but i still do it like a naughty child! :lac:

I go through periods of just feeling so unwell it's unreal, and when i go to the doctors and they do all of these tests, checking eyes, reflexes, ears, pulse, blood pressure ect and say all numbers are great.. i think REALLY?!
I wouldn't wish health anxiety on anyone, it's such a viscous cycle.

Thanks for your replies

MrsDavies
24-03-16, 16:55
Precisely i focus on them so much i know what i;m doing but i still do it like a naughty child! :lac:

I go through periods of just feeling so unwell it's unreal, and when i go to the doctors and they do all of these tests, checking eyes, reflexes, ears, pulse, blood pressure ect and say all numbers are great.. i think REALLY?!
I wouldn't wish health anxiety on anyone, it's such a viscous cycle.

Thanks for your replies

I think we are all guilty of that here! It's great that all of your tests have come back good, all the more reason to believe your in good health :)

Josh1234
24-03-16, 17:10
I am constantly lightheaded. Its a side effect of anxiety.