PDA

View Full Version : that didn't make me feel any better!

Kirbear4
24-03-16, 14:30
I posted a few days ago as I have been having brown discharge, particularly since missing one pill nearly 2 weeks ago but it's on and off. I get the headaches and period pains with it that I would get with a normal period but I am still taking my pill.

I visited the dr on Tuesday and he told me to book in with the nurse on Thursday at a time when the dr will be available so he can also 'have a look'.

Just been to see the nurse, she said the dr didn't need to come in (he hadn't put it in his notes) and when I asked if she would be doing a smear test she said no just swabs to check for infection. I was under the impression that the Dr wanted me to have a smear test but he hadn't put that in his notes either.

Anyway, the nurse was lovely and she said the results will be back towards the end of next week, she said if all is ok but I am still having the discharge then I will need to go for a scan. She said if they did a smear test it would just be sent back as I am not due one until August. She said they are a screening programme rather than a diagnostic tool.

She had a look at my cervix and said it looked OK and she could just see some slight bits of brown (dried blood), she felt for fibroids but no evidence.

Now I know I am going to be clear of infection and have to go for scan and then I am going to be told the worst possible news.

MrsDavies
24-03-16, 15:56
I'm sorry that you are having these fears at the moment :hugs:
What I do know is that hormonal contraceptives play a HUGE roll in menstrual changes and irregularities and they are often to blame for spotting, discharge, headaches. You can develop side effects even after years of taking them and being okay. You mentioned that your problems started after missing a pill so it's possible that this could be the reason. Other things could include infection, harmless ovarian cysts and many other things. Try not to fear the worse, although I know how hard that can be, the likely hood is everything is absolutely fine.

Kirbear4
24-03-16, 18:39
Thank you for your reply xx i have had light brown discharge before but usually when I'm due a 'break' from my pill. I'm hoping that's all it is, your words have helped me settle a bit! Thank you :hugs:

MrsDavies
24-03-16, 21:05
Thank you for your reply xx i have had light brown discharge before but usually when I'm due a 'break' from my pill. I'm hoping that's all it is, your words have helped me settle a bit! Thank you :hugs:

I'm pretty sure that's all it is. Your welcome! We are all in the same boat :) xx