PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety back again after 10 years.

Lisah34
24-03-16, 19:08
I used this forum years ago when i first got told i had gad. And now i back again as its hit me hard after all this time. Im currently on cirtalpam and its made my anxiety worse. Im sitting here shaking like a leaf, not thinking anything but im scared of everything. I feel sick and just have no energy at all. Dr signed me off work for 7 days but i cant go back yet, not feeling like this anyway. I just want to get better and quick as i have a 2 year old to look after. Help please

Catherine S
24-03-16, 19:14
Hi Lisa, that's a shame after so many years anx free, but you know, women especially go through different cycles with hormones throughout their lives, and that's besides life's ups and downs, so there's always a chance to get cycle of it again. Can I ask how you coped with it before?

Cath ☺

Lisah34
24-03-16, 19:37
We have just bought our house im working 30+ hours a week sometimes and we have 3 children the youngest being 2. Its seem i was doing everything, pressure was all on me while my partner just went to work. Ive been on cirtlapram 20mg for 3 days and im feeling terrible worse then before. To be fair im wondering what on earth i done as i cant seem ro help myself at all at the minute. Think i just didnr put any pressure or stress on myself and i realised anxiety cant hurt you its a awful feeling that you cant let over power you.

Buster70
24-03-16, 20:06
Hi , I started this awful game at 17 ok for years then came back at 29 when my dad died lasted a year then over ten years more before it came back after a lot of family stress I tried citalapram and it made me a lot worse but you're committed now so stick with it , try not to put more pressure on your self rushing to get better it doesn't work , take care .

Lisah34
24-03-16, 23:54
Its just awful when it comes back, all them tools you used to cope just goes out of the window. My anxiety was mild till i started on these meds but im 4 days in taking them now so cant stop. Wish they would hurry up and work.

lavender
07-04-19, 02:12
Sorry to bump this 3 year old thread but i feel i have to, if i can help just one person i will feel better.

medication like citalopram and sertraline (ssri) take about 6 weeks to fully start working, i changed from citalopram to sertraline because they stopped working, but i was on them for 8 years. this website is an absolute gift for information like this, usually doctors only have about 9 minutes to talk to you about these things, please take them the exact same time every day to get your body in a routine.

Its in my nature to try and help other sufferers and help them realize whats going on, and give folks advice.

If you drink coffee, limit yourself to 2 cups a day, too much caffeine amplifies anxiety big time
Try and avoid junk foods, again these will make you feel worse
Brazil nuts are high in selenium, this is a natural mood enhancer, these miracle nuts even combat cancer!
Most of us anxiety sufferers rarely go out and get any sunlight, so vitamin D is a must, vitamins B and D are key to recovery.

Please, please, please, listen to this guy, seriously he knows his stuff and doesnt charge a penny (genuine guy)

I download his podcasts have done for years, he is one clever man i tell you, his podcasts can stop panic attacks in 2 mins flat no joke, no matter what state you're in

http://www.anxietyguru.net/

Please dont rely on just meds to get better, its the understanding in whats happening to you by listening to people like Paul Dooley (link above), his podcasts make you fully understand how to completely take the importance out of the illness.
in the end you wont need any medication, i cant stress this enough, please listen to him! the man is a genius

whoever is reading this, take care and i will speak to you soon x