PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

celestial
24-03-16, 22:33
Not sure what I want to say here really, just need to talk about this somewhere as it's just becoming so debilitating and I want my life back.

:weep:

I've always had a tendency towards severe anxiety and panic, and will probably always be this way, but I've also been hit by more than my fair share of adversity for the past 5 or so years and I think I've reached a point where I'm just unable to fight it any more.

So there are some bigger things playing on my mind unfortunately - stuff I can't escape from or necessarily fix - but it tends to be trivial stuff that kicks off the panic. Like today I was meeting a friend and events conspired to make me quite badly late, after I had let her down the last time we met. Somehow my brain turned this into the most terrible, end of the world scenario and I ended up hyperventilating and crying in a cab. I just felt hopeless, and like I am never going to get a handle on this

I've had various types of therapy but it always seems to come back to this and now I'm just so scared I'm not going to get any better and I really need to for my family's sake.

Any thoughts on how to make it stop?

Xtrastrongbint
24-03-16, 22:50
Awww...Celestial...sorry to hear you're having a bad time :hugs: I promise you it will get better....it sounds like you're dealing with some stressful times and it's getting on top of you a bit....honestly, there's no shame in that.
When you're an anxiety sufferer all sorts of things can build up until you're at bursting point. I would say its your heads way of telling you to take it easy on yourself. Honestly, even people who seem strong have moments of feeling overwhelmed. So you've had therapy but do you continue using the techniques when you are well? Can you do some mindfulness relaxation? Or meditation? Anything relaxing? Or, if it has a serious impact on you day to day perhaps a trip to the gp? Do you or have you taken meds? Anyway, hope you feel better soon xx:hugs:

ana
25-03-16, 18:57
I can completely relate to what you're going through. I used to (and still do at times) feel like my life was controlled by my panic. It felt like a self-imposed prison.
Saying that, it really does get better. I've been suffering for 15 years, and I've had such amazingly good (and long!) spells of being anxiety-free.

Your own thoughts about these disaster scenarios are raising your anxiety levels which in turn cause you to panic.
It might help to see someone about it, if you haven't already. It's important to try and help yourself as much as you can. Talk to yourself, try and identify your feelings and see what's causing you to panic.

Feel better! :)