PDA

View Full Version : Heart Worries

MrsDavies
25-03-16, 16:46
Hello,
I'm not looking for a diagnosis but some reassurance or some rational ideas would be greatly received. My husband has been having odd bits of chest pain on and off recently which we assumed was a bad case of heartburn. However, Wednesday he had a strange feeling in his chest as though his heart was pounding against his chest, he felt slightly dizzy during this and had chest pain/tightness. I only found out about this yesterday as he didn't want to worry me but he said he had the same thing happen again. He is ringing the doctors once they open back up after Easter and doesn't seem to concerned, he thinks it's high blood pressure because he eats a lot of junk/fatty foods. Could that cause such episodes? He last had his BP checked 18 months ago roughly and it was fine. I'm just worrying here :unsure:

Fishmanpa
25-03-16, 16:53
I'm a two time heart attack survivor. Had triple bypass and stents. High BP doesn't present any symptoms unless it's red line high and even then there may not be any symptoms. I don't know how old your husband is but I wouldn't ignore those symptoms.

Positive thoughts

MrsDavies
25-03-16, 18:56
I'm a two time heart attack survivor. Had triple bypass and stents. High BP doesn't present any symptoms unless it's red line high and even then there may not be any symptoms. I don't know how old your husband is but I wouldn't ignore those symptoms.

Positive thoughts

I'm sorry to hear you had to go through that :(
Thanks for the information, he is making a doctors appointment as soon as the office opens back up. Do you have any idea what kind of things could cause those symptoms? He is 25.

Fishmanpa
25-03-16, 19:27
I'm sorry to hear you had to go through that :(
Thanks for the information, he is making a doctors appointment as soon as the office opens back up. Do you have any idea what kind of things could cause those symptoms? He is 25.

If he was in his 40's or 50's I would be more concerned but his 20's?... not at all. His age and based on what you said about eating poorly would lean toward stomach/reflux issues. Definitely follow up and make sure he gets checked out.

Positive thoughts

MrsDavies
25-03-16, 20:33
If he was in his 40's or 50's I would be more concerned but his 20's?... not at all. His age and based on what you said about eating poorly would lean toward stomach/reflux issues. Definitely follow up and make sure he gets checked out.

Positive thoughts

Thank you, that's reassuring to know, hopefully it is something easily solved. He will do, thanks for your help.

Josh1234
25-03-16, 21:51
Yeah, at 25, his chances of having something wrong with his heart are very slim. Unless he was born with it, in which case, you'd probably already know.

MrsDavies
26-03-16, 11:34
Thanks guys, that's reassuring to know. He'll be making an appointment after Easter so hopefully all will be well :)