PDA

View Full Version : I need help please

YamahaKTM2008
25-03-16, 18:03
Hi there, new to this forum but hoping for some helpful advice or input. I've been semi new to Anxiety diagnosed 8 months ago after the birth of my 2nd child. Any how, I am currently experiencing an extreme fear of anaphylaxis. I took some medication a few months ago that I was allergic to and now I have a hard time eating. I've eaten just about everything a hundred times and now I am afraid of being allergic to them. I also get tingling warm sensations in my lips and tongue and it feels like my tongue is sticking to the roof of my mouth making it hard to breathe. Also, I have a constant feeling of passing out especially if I am alone. I get lightheaded, dizzy, weak, sweaty, and calmy and it scares me with having a baby around. I won't even drive alone because of this fear. I hear you can't passout from anxiety but then I Googled it and some people have. I wake up some mornings feeling so weak and my eyes are puffy my upper lip is puffy. I am in need of friendly advice. Is all this normal? I have been to the doc. So many times it's unreal and they all say I'm fine. Please help me.

LouiseHannah
25-03-16, 21:14
Hi,
I am severity allergic to peanuts, have been all my life and it can induce anaphylaxis. A few years ago my dad didn't read the label to something and my lip swelled up and I had to go to hospital. Anyway, after not really ever been bothered about my allergy it became this massive thing. Like I'd take antihistamines everyday just in case I would have a reaction even though I was cooking, so I kinda know how you feel. I think it's a rational reaction to be a bit concerned after having such an experience but if doctors say you're fine, believe them. If you're really worried keep some antihistamines on you just in case, and if they haven't already ask for allergy testing. Sometimes the more you focus on a particular symptom or area of your body you begin to notice things you think weren't there before or they become more magnified. I had a phase of thinking my face "felt" swollen but after googling it can be a symptom of anxiety to have something feel swollen when it isn't. I don't know how helpful this will be to you, I hope it is. X