PDA

View Full Version : Mixture of flu and health anxiety not a good combination. :(

jojo198628
25-03-16, 20:26
I'm so Ill with flu and feel absolutely dreadful....
I no all the aches and pains temp cough sore throat are normal but then the palpitations started about an hour and it's making me panic I hate them and that feeling of intending doom... like I'm going to die soon because iv had several of them... it's so crap just sitting here crying with fear :-(

countrygirl
25-03-16, 21:02
Oh you poor thing, flu is dreadful. I remember about 20 years ago having proper flu and my heart raced for many days, I of course was convinced the virus had gone to my heart:blush: and eventually I staggered to the GP ( I could barely stand up) who gave me right telling off for coming out of the house and said that the fast heartbeat was the body's was of fighting off a virus. It was completely natural. He then laughed and said that when he was a medical student he had exactly same fear as me but its incredibly rare for this to happen and he had never ever seen it and he was an older man by then.

So I totally understand your fear but if you have flu with temperture etc then your racing heart is totally normal while you have these symptoms and the body's way of healing itself.

If you get over the flu and still have a madly racing heart then you can be a bit concerned!

jojo198628
25-03-16, 21:05
Awww thank you... beautiful post... I think it's because I haven't been this ill in years so I'm just not used to it.... thankfully my heart rate has calmed down a bit now and I'm a bit more calmer.. I'm always this way when I'm really ill very tearful haha

But thanks a lot xxxxx

countrygirl
25-03-16, 22:53
Your welcome. As they say I have been there and worn the t shirt many times in the past:)

My health anxiety is at its worst if I get any nasty virus and flu is about the worst although I once had a stomach bug that lasted 4 days and was so bad I kept fainting and that scared me, it was only because my husband had had it ahead of me that I didn't freak out big time.