PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I shake!!!

Cassavetes
25-03-16, 23:01
Hi everybody,

I suffer from social anxiety and panic attacks since I was 16 years old. Now, Im 38. It´s a long time suffering this "condition". Honestly, I think it is something I will suffer from for the rest of my life, so I´d like to learn how to live with that.

Everything started because when I was 14-16 I shook a lot when I got a bit nervous. Everybody noticed it and that made me feel very ashamed. Over the time those little nerves and that shame became "social anxiety" and "panic attacks".

These last years I´ve tried to change the way in which I approach this problem.

I hope to know people with similar problems here.

See you!!!

venusbluejeans
25-03-16, 23:07
Hiya Cassavetes and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Josh1234
26-03-16, 01:22
Hi, I shake too.

Cassavetes
26-03-16, 19:50
Hiya Cassavetes and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Thanks for your advice venusbluejeans!

---------- Post added at 19:50 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

Hi, I shake too.

Hi Josh1234,

I´m looking for people with the same specific anxiety problem.
You know? In my case, I panic people see me to shake. No matter what I do, the first thing I always think is "I´m gonna start shaking and they are gonna notice it". That makes me feel anxiety and panic attacks, so I shake. It´s vicious circle.
I panic to drink in front of people, or speak in front of them if everybody is focusing on me. Eg. If I go to a job interview, or I have to do a handly task in front of people I shake and that triggers a panic attack.

Sometimes, I dont even think anything, It´s something automatic.