PDA

View Full Version : Ladies...DP/DR worse right before period

livefree83
25-03-16, 23:58
I am completely going nuts. Does anyone have any experience with DP DR right before your period when PMS is REALLY BAD!!! I've tried Yoga, lavender baths, eating, drinking soda and I can't stop. I was in the middle of having a conversation with my husband last night and I had to keep taking "mind breaks" and he got really pissed, which I can't blame himI feel like I am floating out of my body and the brain fog is unbearable. :scared15:

sammie13s
26-03-16, 12:52
Hi hunni. I'm suffering terribly with de realisation to the point where I'm so paranoid. Questioning everything I do and see. It's very scary and real. I have this horrible feeling surging through my body and I fear I'm going mad. I'm just praying it's going to go away. I feel if I look at someone for to long there face will change. Iv just upped my sertraline from 50mg to 100mg and by Christ am I praying it takes this away. I'm also 6 weeks pregnant and having migraine after migraine. I feel such a burden on everyone. I'm screaming out for help myself ��

ana
26-03-16, 18:58
Depersonalisation can be terrible as it makes you question reality, even your own existence at times. However, it only happens when your anxiety levels get really high, so in order to prevent it from happening, it's important to make sure to lower your anxiety levels when you feel them rising.

To answer your question, I haven't noticed any of my anxiety symptoms getting worse right before my period. I may be more emotional than usual, but that's about it.
Sammie, I hope you feel better!!

GingerFish
28-03-16, 20:40
My OCD, DP/DR and anxiety/panics get worse before my period. In fact, that is the first sign I get about an upcoming period since I am on the mini pill and my periods are irregular on it. OCD and DP/DR are the ones that become so much worse. It makes me feel like I am losing touch with myself, my surroundings and reality. Its so hard to convince myself sometimes that its not serious, just a nuisance and that'll pass.