PDA

View Full Version : Other Symptoms

Scaredtoolong
20-10-03, 01:21
HI All!

I am new here and sooooo very glad to have found this board. I have read nearly every post I think. I was wondering if any of you have the same array of symptoms I have. These include....

Hyperventilation

Urgent morning diarrhea

Chest pains (had ekg's, blood work ect. all fine) almost like heartburn sensation (burning) in the middle of my chest. Very strong pressure. Very upsetting and scary.

Rapid heart beat, like it is going to pound right out of my chest.

Nausea sometimes vomitting, usually in the morning. Got so bad at one point I actually took a pregnancy test, which of course was negative.

Waking up much earlier in the morning than I used to and very "shaky" feeling.

Trembling inside, shaky hands.

Dizziness

Tension headaches. Tight jaw with pain.

Depression: Just feel like this is such a hopeless disorder.

I also find myself thinking, maybe I have cancer, maybe I have heart disease, maybe this, maybe that. Afraid I am going to die and thinking death would be better than feeling like this.

kate
20-10-03, 10:31
Hiya Scared, I too suffer from most of the symptoms that you list. I especially hate the "not really here" feeling. Even after years of suffering, that feeling is still the one I hate the most.I also get the rushing to the toilet in the morning thing but only if I have to leave the house that day. On a day off I always seem to be ok, strange huh!!!Although I have taken drugs in the past, I no longer take them cos I also imagine I have every side effect going. Blimey, it is so tiring to have anxiety/depression! Well just thought I would send you a quick reply, take care Kate xx

nomorepanic
20-10-03, 12:17
Hi scared.

Am i imagining things or did you copy and paste those symptoms from "My Story" on the web site?

I am not sure if that was intentional or not.

Nicola

sarah
20-10-03, 12:40
Hi
Yep very familiar!

nomorepanic
20-10-03, 17:06
Scared has emailed me to say she was copying and pasting the symptoms to read later and then saved the message, by accident. She will edit her reply later to tell us what symptoms she has :(

Nicola

Scaredtoolong
20-10-03, 20:57
HI All!

I hope I did this right this time.....sorry about the last try.

I am new here and sooooo very glad to have found this board. I have read nearly every post I think. I was wondering if any of you have the same array of symptoms I have. These include....

Hyperventilation

Urgent morning diarrhea

Chest pains (had ekg's, blood work ect. all fine) almost like heartburn sensation (burning) in the middle of my chest. Very strong pressure. Very upsetting and scary.

Rapid heart beat, like it is going to pound right out of my chest.

Nausea sometimes vomitting, usually in the morning. Got so bad at one point I actually took a pregnancy test, which of course was negative.

Waking up much earlier in the morning than I used to and very "shaky" feeling.

Trembling inside, shaky hands.

Dizziness

Tension headaches. Tight jaw with pain.

Depression: Just feel like this is such a hopeless disorder.

I also find myself thinking, maybe I have cancer, maybe I have heart disease, maybe this, maybe that. Afraid I am going to die and thinking death would be better than feeling like this.

Susan

nomorepanic
20-10-03, 20:59
Hi again Scared - I see you have changed the entry - thanks. I think you can see that I have suffered just about everything too!!! so you are not alone.

Nicola

blossom
27-10-03, 21:57
Hi Scared, I read your message on the board, and I know exactly what you mean, by the burning feeling in the top of the stomack, just underneath the ribs, Its like a red hot poker trying to push in, I have it too, they tell me its anxiety, I also have that unreal head feeling, and dizziness, at the back of the heaf, and tension up the neck and reaches to the bones at the bottom of the skull, its really frightening, I usuallly take 2 panadol for the head, Told my doctor, and he told me it was tension. most of us suffer with it, worst luck. from Blossom

Meg
27-10-03, 22:36
Blossom,

A massage (Indian head or neck and back) would sort out that out for you better than the panadol as it will reach and release the tension and not just kill the pain which will return again. Also try a pint of water before going down the panadol route- many headaches are dehydration related.

Often if you live near a town with beauty therapy school in you can become a model for the massage students and it's extremely helpful for all concerned and doesn't cost very much at all.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...