PDA

View Full Version : In pain and very scared

Confused&scared
26-03-16, 18:18
Hi,

I've suffered from HA as well as other types of anxiety for about 9 years on and off. I haven't had an episode of severe HA for ages, however a couple of weeks ago my joints started aching a little, particularly my wrists and ankles. The past few days have been horrendous and the pain is knocking me sick. My wrists, hands, arms, and elbows are just so sore. I am also feeling drained and tired.

I went to the doctor on Tuesday and she asked if there was any family history of Rheumatoid Arthritis. I had bloods done on Wednesday, 6 tubes were taken. Obviously with the Bank Holidays it's going to be a few more days before I get any results.

I've been googling :weep: I have scared myself to death. So many different things have come up that I almost feel like if it is RA it will be a relief. I feel like this anxiety is different to what I've experienced before because I have symptoms that are more real if that makes sense?

I'm not functioning well at the moment and have spent most of the day in bed. This really isn't fair on my children :weep:

countrygirl
26-03-16, 20:00
Sounds like they are doing loads of bloods to rule out things like RA and Lupus which is good and thorough of them. Shame about the wait with the bank holiday but very soon you will have the results.

Even if it is a rheumatoid condition there are loads of drugs that control it, I have 2 friends , one with RA and one with LUpus and they are very well controlled.

Coping with pain as I know is now easy and really gets your down x