PDA

View Full Version : How to rid yourself of panic attacks with medication accoring to this article

mnaha
27-03-16, 07:01
I saw this because I hate medicines and hope it helps all of us. I just read it and am going to try to practice what the writer suggested and hope hope hope it helps me. Also hoping it will help others that read it.Please let me know. http://nperov.com/health/how-to-get-rid-panic-attacks-without-medication/

LittleMissAlone
27-03-16, 08:13
It's very wordy, and doesn't really say anything new, except taking a 'contrast' shower. Never heard of that one, and I'm about to google it.

I felt the same as you about tablets and they can be very hit and miss but I tried to beat my anxiety without them and found that if anything I was getting worse.

We should take every option of getting well though.

mnaha
27-03-16, 08:24
LMA I was just trying to introduce something hopefully to help those who want to try so they have an option besides drugs.. Its ok and I understand that you may know all about this but maybe others don't. I hope it helps me because I hate hate hate drugs and the thought of using them. I have in the past and don't want to again.

LittleMissAlone
27-03-16, 08:38
Yes, I've done a lot of reading so it was nothing new to me, but of course it was full of info to people new to it.

Have you found mindfulness/meditation helpful, mnaha?

mnaha
27-03-16, 09:21
LMA yes between the two techniques I am seeing some improvements but its slow be it the one in the article or mindfulness it takes time .I am hopeful .. thanks for asking.

LittleMissAlone
27-03-16, 09:48
That's alright, good luck anyway. So good that Spring is on its way, that always helps.

I guess what I meant about the article is that it seemed to claim that it was telling us something new, and the thing about contrast showers seemed to be the only thing not mentioned in these types of articles all the time.

I've heard that sudden changes in temperature can help with anxiety, and taking showers in this way is a good way of doing that. So I've learnt something - thank you!