PDA

View Full Version : Its All new to me!

LotsofLaces
27-03-16, 23:36
Hi Guys.

I guess this is where you place your first post. And where I introduce myself...
I'm K.... wife, mother and employee.....
Some background info...... for as long as I can physically remember I have been a worrier, if their was nothing to worry about then id worry why I have nothing to worry about.. does that make any sense?
If I'm happy then I wait for the bad to follow it... its kind of weird because I'm always waiting for the bad rather than the good at least then I'm not caught off guard.
I have always been considered in our family to be the strong one, the one who everyone can depend on to be their and hold everyone together.
But what they don't see if when my hands shake or when my heart is pounding so hard I can sometimes hear it!
In 2010 I lost two relatives extremely close to me in a very close time frame, watching them depart this world was the hardest cruellest thing I have ever had to live through.. I guess that's when I admitted later on that I couldn't cope well without speaking to my doc.... who then advised me to visit the gym more to make myself happy again!
I'm by no way over weight I might add at a mere 9 stone I would say I'm well within my BMI so the gym suggestion was purely to up my mood.
However at work I started to flounder to, my concentration was zilch, I could barely get anything right and once the mistakes started rolling in one after another I couldn't sleep, eat or function without stressing myself to the max!
I visited the doc after fighting with my own emotions feeling like I had let everyone down, who suggested I start a course of Citalopram and I guess that's where my journey to here has started!
Have I bored you yet?? is anyone still reading at this point :blush: well I guess that's all I need to say just now.. thanks for reading a bit about me.

venusbluejeans
27-03-16, 23:41
Hiya LotsofLaces and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

pretty flamingo
28-03-16, 01:33
Hello, nice to 'meet' you :)

Not boring at all! I hope that things start looking up for you soon!

Superworrier
28-03-16, 18:31
Hey and :welcome:
Not one bit boring thank you for sharing some of your story :flowers:

Brian123
28-03-16, 21:47
nice meeting you lotsoflaces

CG1964
29-03-16, 15:13
Thanks for sharing your story. I'm new here as well and hope that this forum and its community can help us all through our struggles by bringing us together for support and advice. Have a good day.

dali98066
03-04-16, 18:28
Hi, what you are saying resonates with me, as I have gone exactly the same thing. I lost my dad, my best friend and broke up with my partner in a space of 4 months around 5 years ago. I then started to get panic attacks, anxiety, depression, eating and sleep problems. I then lost my job 2 years ago, and since, worked temp, then unemployed, and now working again. I panic when I start working somewhere new, as I worry I won't keep up and get sacked. It takes me a while to learn processes which I don't if its to do with anxiety and panic and that's what makes me worry. I feel for you, as I wish I could stop this worry/panic/anxiety feelings, but don't know how to!:ohmy:

lou_lou
03-04-16, 19:19
Hi Lots of laces.
I can totally relate to you - i too, lost family members very close to me and my whole world fell apart. I'm also the 'go to' person that people come to as 'i have all the answers' and 'just someone to rely on'...what people forget is that sometimes, just sometimes, we need someone too. I've downloaded headspace - just to give me that 'extra space'.
I'm happy to be an extra ear if you need it - it's nice to be able to find someone and relate...

MrTense
03-04-16, 19:24
Hi Lots of laces.

It's not an ideal situation to fall into but always try to seek the positives. It's fairy difficult but from what you've wrote you seem like a very rational thinker. That is half the battle with anxiety but you seem to be keeping your rational thinking which will go a long way. Many people often say anxiety can leave your life as quick as it enters; mine hasn't gone yet but I constantly tell myself this. At least that way you can think "oh well it'll pass one day"

As the above poster said download headspace, it is a meditation app. The first few days I thought it was absoloute nonsense but now I would preach it to the world. Whilst it doesn't cure anxiety it really does teach you how to control your mind.

Good luck on your journey and I hope it all works out for you.

LotsofLaces
06-04-16, 22:11
Hey and :welcome:
Not one bit boring thank you for sharing some of your story :flowers:

Thankyou for taking the time to read about me :) x

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 21:10 ----------

Hi Lots of laces.

It's not an ideal situation to fall into but always try to seek the positives. It's fairy difficult but from what you've wrote you seem like a very rational thinker. That is half the battle with anxiety but you seem to be keeping your rational thinking which will go a long way. Many people often say anxiety can leave your life as quick as it enters; mine hasn't gone yet but I constantly tell myself this. At least that way you can think "oh well it'll pass one day"

As the above poster said download headspace, it is a meditation app. The first few days I thought it was absoloute nonsense but now I would preach it to the world. Whilst it doesn't cure anxiety it really does teach you how to control your mind.

Good luck on your journey and I hope it all works out for you.

Thankyou for your kind words and advice I shall take a look at the headspace app :)