PDA

View Full Version : Can You Feel Your Blood Pressure?

mnaha
28-03-16, 02:26
I have read some places that you cannot feel your blood pressure but yet I have read others say that you can. I think that I even read that on here the others say they can. Right now I feel as though my head is going to explode and my stomach feels as though someone punched me and my head feels heavy and my neck and arms feel full of blood like I am going to just explode . But, one time I was at the doctors and thought my blood pressure was though the roof because I was nervous . I found out that it was actually below normal.

Anyone else think that they can feel their blood pressure? Or is it my anxiety and imagination? Also I think that gas can actually make you feel all of this.. Anyone have any idea?

Phuzella
28-03-16, 08:14
I'd say you're feeling an adrenaline rush rather than blood pressure. You said it yourself, at the docs you thought your BP was through the roof and it wasn't :)

mnaha
28-03-16, 09:07
Yeah you are probably right but I had seen this discussed on here before so I was curious too see if anyone else has that feeling. Some people say you can't others say its possible if its too high.. Just a question.. like you are anyone else is allowed to ask.

Carnation
28-03-16, 09:42
I've had exactly the same situation.
I have these very hot flushes that affect just the face, head and neck and the rest of my body is normal temperature, when my face is a blushing pink.
I have learned that this is anxiety and since ignoring and not panicking, it is slowly subsiding.
I can also have a high and a low within 10 minutes.
I have been to the Docs when I thought I was relaxed and had a high reading and then gone when I have been stressed and had a low reading. :shrug:

So, No, I don't think you do know when you have high BP.

mnaha
28-03-16, 10:17
I've had exactly the same situation.
I have these very hot flushes that affect just the face, head and neck and the rest of my body is normal temperature, when my face is a blushing pink.
I have learned that this is anxiety and since ignoring and not panicking, it is slowly subsiding.
I can also have a high and a low within 10 minutes.
I have been to the Docs when I thought I was relaxed and had a high reading and then gone when I have been stressed and had a low reading. :shrug:

So, No, I don't think you do know when you have high BP.

I will go with that. I have experienced both ends.. when I thought it was high it wasn't and when I felt relaxed it was high or above normal so .. guess that is it . I was just wondering. Sometimes I feel really weird but sure it can all be marked down to anxiety and its symptoms .

Josh1234
28-03-16, 19:36
No. You can't feel high blood pressure until its so high that its a dangerous, in which case it would manifest as the worst headache you've ever had in your life.

mnaha
29-03-16, 02:41
No. You can't feel high blood pressure until its so high that its a dangerous, in which case it would manifest as the worst headache you've ever had in your life.
:shades::shades::shades::shades::shades::shades::s hades::shades::shades::shades::shades::shades::sha des: