PDA

View Full Version : feeling awful

vekiqf
28-03-16, 11:12
As you know I have a history on this forum and already added few posts...

I have a fear to develop schiz for 4 years now and few weeks ago I thought that I am developing new obsession which is electromagnetic hypersensitivity but I managed to overpass it and fear of schiz returned again.. :(

Last night I couldnt sleep at all and couldnt calm down and dozens of racing thoughts started to pop on my mind where I felt that I am really loosing my mind and that this is predormal phase and that finally I will develop it...Today I feel so anxious that I cant relax and I am just waiting the moment when I will snap and flip...:((

BrokenAge
28-03-16, 14:54
I can relate a lot with you and I can reassure you that all that will happen is you wait. You wait for the impossible but it seems so scary in your mind that you can't help but worry. You said you where in your 30s before I've seen? So I can tell you that it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to devolpe schizophrenia because if you were to have it, it would of devolped by now. Schizophrenia isn't like a common cold, it doesn't just "happen" it's something that either a latte amount of drugs can trigger or it runs in your family. I'm 17 and it scares me because I know I'm in the key age range for it to devolpe but I know my chances are slim to none. But once again you can't devolpe it, it's impossible. So ease my friend.

vekiqf
28-03-16, 15:08
Thanks Brokenage...Thing is that I know that I am not in years to develop it and now is 4 years that I have this fear and I would develop it 100% for 4 years...thing is doubt that always exist..like maybe I have it, maybe I am misdiagnosed etc

Also next to this I had my 1st panic attack on my business trip 1 month ago and next to schiz I started to obesses/fear that I will develop agorophobia and I connect it with mind loosing :(

BrokenAge
29-03-16, 07:19
You spent 4 years worrying about it, if you were to have it you would of shown major symptoms by now. It's within around a 6 month period that it devolpes within the predormal stage.

mnaha
29-03-16, 07:35
I didn't think anyone could get that from anxiety? I think I read here in the forum in symptoms stated by the admins that no one has ever developed this from anxiety . Is that what you have .. just anxiety?

MyNameIsTerry
29-03-16, 08:18
I didn't think anyone could get that from anxiety? I think I read here in the forum in symptoms stated by the admins that no one has ever developed this from anxiety . Is that what you have .. just anxiety?

You can't actually develop it from an anxiety disorder, but anxiety is just something we all have naturally and so many disorders cause it to increase too e.g. people with dementia commonly suffer anxiety. So, people with Schizophrenia do too because that issue is causing their panic to increase (think the paranoid type) but in OCD there are also known themes around more serious mental illness and schizophrenia is one that often gets mentioned.

Fear of losing control can be a big worry for us, even if we don't realise how much it affects us, and that fits well with the fear of mental illness that can be seen in people with OCD.

It's just like the HA people worrying about some of the rarest things as you can see the OP is well out of the category for even developing this making it surely very rare? But the thoughts come and the doubt is felt.

OCD is one of the disorders that fits under the HA banner (HA doesn't exist in medical diagnostic literature).

Another rare, and even debatable, concern was the electromagnetic issue. So, now we have 2 rare issues causing fear. Just like how some of the people on the HA board work their way through the rare cancers over 6 months. How likely is it someone has a rare X and then how likely is it they have another four or five rare X's? It all adds up to a pattern of an anxiety disorder.

vekiqf
29-03-16, 10:36
Dear Terry ,

many thanks for your comments...main problem is that such irrational things pop on my mind and I see them as irrational and cant get rid of them so I am scared that I will finally start to believe in them...Regarding electromagnetic hypersensitivity I overpassed it and dont have obsession anymore..but I think I connected it to myself as I see it as delusional desorder...

All obsessions in last 4 years that I had are connected to mental illness major is Schiz of course but I must say that after 1st panic attack that I had month ago I started to fear that I will next to schiz develop agorophobia and that then my life will be total disaster..

Chrisapp
30-03-16, 03:07
Dear Terry ,

many thanks for your comments...main problem is that such irrational things pop on my mind and I see them as irrational and cant get rid of them so I am scared that I will finally start to believe in them...Regarding electromagnetic hypersensitivity I overpassed it and dont have obsession anymore..but I think I connected it to myself as I see it as delusional desorder...

All obsessions in last 4 years that I had are connected to mental illness major is Schiz of course but I must say that after 1st panic attack that I had month ago I started to fear that I will next to schiz develop agorophobia and that then my life will be total disaster..

Your comments about believing your irrational thoughts is what I also worry about, I worry about developing schizophrenia from time to time, like now for example haha :doh: but just remind yourself that you had these thoughts years ago and it didn't make you develop schizophrenia, and that you aren't alone in these worries or feelings

vekiqf
31-03-16, 07:38
I am so depressed and feel bad last two days that I am anxious 0/24...last night I even cried in my bed... I think to go and see my gp to discuss with him to prescribe me some meds...as next to OCD I had panic attack month ago doc prescribed me rivotril just to take when I can't handle it but I think that I should restart with SSRi ..I was off meds for 3 years and used cipralex in the past...what meds are best for this condition as cipralex didn't show some results...also is it possible to get depression next to OCD?

BrokenAge
31-03-16, 09:00
It's very possible to have ocd and depression. They both can feed off each other. I know the struggle Vek. I was up all night tearing up asking myself "why am I the way that I am" just have to accept it and move on. Maybe ask family for advice, a loved one. Talking about these things can always get stuff off my chest. It's also a reason I like to post on the forums. It just aleviates the anxiety and depression by being able to get it off my chest.

vekiqf
01-04-16, 11:53
Hi Brokenage,

same thing....but I must say that I am not depressed every day...for me it gois in waves..for example I am depressed 2 days after that few days not etc...Also when I am not anxious I dont have the thoughts but as soon as I start to be anxious thoughts come as avalanche

BrokenAge
01-04-16, 20:40
Mines exactly like that as well. I just happened to write this when I was very anxious and depressed.