PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

CG1964
28-03-16, 14:30
Hi there. I am a 52 year old mother of 4. Suffering from anxiety that has become unmanageable in the last 6 weeks brought on guilt/family/personal issues

I have been on sertraline for 34 days. 21 @ 25mg and now 13 days @ 50mg. I have experienced serious side effects, lost 15 lbs and in the last few days I am having intrusive thoughts that are causing overwhelming panic attacks.

On the bright side I am having moments of feeling normal for a couple of hours a day which I hope means the meds are working and am determined to give the sertraline time to take effect before increasing/switching meds.

I find these forums helpful and a distraction when I am down or overwhelmed. I am looking for advice on managing the intrusive thoughts, and my panic attacks.
I look forward to making positive connections through the forums on this website and hope to help others.

venusbluejeans
28-03-16, 14:38
Hiya CG1964 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
28-03-16, 15:17
Hello CG1964, While I can't give any advice on the medication your using (I take 40 mg Prozac), I can say there was an adjustment period for my medication. Thankfully though after that adjustment period (2-3 weeks), the medication continues to work very well for me.

One thing I do want to mention is that you have found a great place to ask questions and form friendships with people who have walked the same road. I also want to commend you for being proactive and taking steps to be a better you. Being a father of 4 myself, I understand the drama that goes on; and how the drama doesn't end even as the kids get older.

So best to you and your family, I hope this site can help you as much as it has helped me.