PDA

View Full Version : Sick with worry...

helenhoo
28-03-16, 23:08
Had the best weekend with almost no worries at all, and I have ive logically explained to self, however in now back without my boyfriend and so sick with worry.

I have sinus issues atm as I'm sure you know. Pressure in head mostly dissappeared, nose has been throbbing occasionally including today.

Whats concerning me is current; mildest of aches under right eyebrow and right nostril. Even though I'm very convinced it's sinus I'm frightened it's a bloody aneurysm. This fear took over a good chunk of last year and I beat it. I am also tired. But it's one eye and it's mild and feels like Ive rubbed it and around the side and the bridge. Sinus yes? So so scared.

Hate myself for posting (twice)

---------- Post added at 23:08 ---------- Previous post was at 23:07 ----------

My nose is still doing an ofd popping sound which is sinus right? Ache is above eyeball and under brow.

ServerError
28-03-16, 23:14
I'll be honest with you, your description of the physical symptoms sounds like exactly what I'm also feeling.

I've had CT scans and MRIs of late, mainly just to reassure me, and the one thing that showed up was sinusitis. It's annoying but nobody I've seen is worried about it so I'm getting on with it.

Aneurysms are not common and tend to show themselves with more than just a bit of eye or nasal pressure. It's also possible that the pressure you're feeling is being worsened by stress and worry and your constant, focused attention on it.

Hope you can find a way to rationalise this and be okay with it. It won't harm you.

helenhoo
28-03-16, 23:22
I'm certain it's realted to my sinus thing and tiredness. Nursr has told me I have mild sinus infection and ive not taken tablets properly so ive answered own question it's that fear that hits you though isn't it?

ServerError
28-03-16, 23:30
Yeah, I know all about the fear. I live with a constant feeling of dread, like something awful will happen, even when I have no specific health fear.

But I do tend to be quite good at accepting what the doctors tell me. A lot of people struggle with this, but if you can do it, it does bring greater peace into your life.

helenhoo
28-03-16, 23:44
I'm not googling said feAr because that'll make this 100x worse. But eyebrow ache is common with sinus pressure and that's what I know I have. I wish my chap was here to distract me with silly jokes :(

Josh1234
29-03-16, 00:36
two threads?

helenhoo
29-03-16, 09:34
Yeah I did apologise for it, just went on a big worry last night.

My nurse friend has said its normal and they can just o to one side but to take tablets again. But consistently. She did say the fact it worked is a sign it's sinus related. I just got so so scared linking eye/eyebrow ache with aneurysm.

karla
29-03-16, 11:05
I had this not so long ago, its the inflammation from the sinus. I had pain all around my eyes and cheekbones. Some painkillers and a steam inhallation will help to relieve it.
:)

helenhoo
29-03-16, 11:11
Just the one eye normal? Nurse friend said so but I'm still concerned it's bloody aneurysm. Feels very mild. Mucus is still greenish.

---------- Post added at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

Only worried about this because of my obsession with them last year; read so much and it took over for a good few months. Really don't want to go back there.

karla
29-03-16, 11:22
Green mucus is a sign of infection. My pain would be on the left side especially and would hurt when the mucus came down. If its mild your lucky, i had to close my eye with the pain. Honestly, dont worry it will subside as the infection goes down and the sinus' clear.

helenhoo
29-03-16, 12:26
So it's a feel of Rubbing eye? Thanks for your replies.

---------- Post added at 12:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 ----------

And just above eyeball? *hates self for being THAT person*

karla
29-03-16, 12:31
Was a dull throbbing pain with mine

helenhoo
29-03-16, 12:32
Mines dull inbetween eyeball and eyebrow but mild.

Josh1234
29-03-16, 15:30
You dont feel them. You'd be dead or having a stroke by now.

helenhoo
30-03-16, 17:26
Karla how long did yours last?