PDA

View Full Version : Taking Omeprazole Extended Release Side Effects?

mnaha
29-03-16, 02:35
I have been taking omeprazole extended release for about four days and had read here through old threads that omeprazole regular not extended release has caused most of you little or no side effects. The reason I am posting this is since I have been taking it I have felt a pressure in my chest and stomach after taking it and seems like trapped gas which makes me very nervous. Also I will feel a choking sensation and eye site seems weird.

I made the mistake of checking the RX site for side effects and this medicine has the potential to have really bad ones but not sure I am really having them or its just anxiety . I get nasal congestion and stuffy nose and cold like symptoms. Also a few others that are listed there but like I said I don't know if it's anxiety or really side effects. I know there are many of you that use this medicine and if you could chime in it would be great to hear from you . Thanks in advance.

mnaha
31-03-16, 06:40
:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:Anybody?

Kay8010
31-03-16, 10:12
Hi

I have been on this medication now for 2 weeks, I have had no side effects other than it does not work as my symptoms are still present, even though I cannot taste the acid in my mouth or at the back of my throat my sore throat is still present-driving me INSANE!!!

Fishmanpa
31-03-16, 14:53
I've never experienced any side effects from PPIs, just positive results. I've used Omeprazole but docs switched me to Pantoprazole. Been on it for 3 years.
The thing to keep in mind is... Even though you're on a PPI, you still have to watch what you eat.

Positive thoughts