PDA

View Full Version : Lump in neck

jackdobs
29-03-16, 10:56
Hello all,

I was doing well up until today when I woke up and found I have this horrible firm, red, tender lump on the side/towardsback of my neck. Trying so hard to rationalise and not lose my mind over it but it's freaking me out a bit...I've had a cold and scratchy/mildly sore throat for the last week or so. Especially upon waking. Hopefully it's just a swollen gland as a result? It seems to have come on very suddenly overnight...

Help??

jackdobs
29-03-16, 21:17
Can anyone help? Please I'm so scared :((

Fishmanpa
29-03-16, 21:36
A red swollen lump... like a pimple/ingrown hair perhaps? That's the first thing that popped (pun intended) into my mind.

Positive thoughts

jackdobs
29-03-16, 22:02
A red swollen lump... like a pimple/ingrown hair perhaps? That's the first thing that popped (pun intended) into my mind.

Positive thoughts

Thanks for your reply, Fishmanpa. I've asked my mum to look at it and she said it looks like a spot. it's just so hard, tender and red. it's horrid. I hate feeling nervous. I did have a much better time dealing with it though, compared to my oral cancer obsession last year. Positives!

Josh1234
30-03-16, 00:42
I dont know that you'd see red on the outside, I could be wrong. Ingrown hair it sounds like.

Lifelonganxiety!
30-03-16, 18:19
Ingrown hair would be my first instinct as well. Can take a couple of weeks to go away, but has all the classic signs of some kind of skin infection. Try to wait it out, if it gets worse then go see a doc.