PDA

View Full Version : If you use EBAY.....pls read

mirry
05-03-07, 19:26
Hi

Just went into my emails and had one supposedly from PAYPAL.....
CONFIRMING THAT i HAVE SENT A PAYMENT OF £380 TO A LADY IN AMERICA..which i havent.

It said its for a lap top and to view the details to click and sign in !!!!

so instead I went thru the correct avenue to discover no such payment has been made and its another scam ((((BEWARE)))). :lac:

Ross
05-03-07, 23:05
Hi

Just went into my emails and had one supposedly from PAYPAL.....
CONFIRMING THAT i HAVE SENT A PAYMENT OF £380 TO A LADY IN AMERICA..which i havent.

It said its for a lap top and to view the details to click and sign in !!!!

so instead I went thru the correct avenue to discover no such payment has been made and its another scam ((((BEWARE)))). :lac:

This is very common practice. By clicking the link, instead of loading a PayPal screen, it will load a page which looks very similar to PayPal. If you enter your login details, the 'scammer' will be able to access your account.

Please be very vigilent when entering your Username and Password on ANY site. Check in the address bar to ensure you are actually where you think you are.

nomorepanic
05-03-07, 23:10
I get these every day and hit the delete key!

yorkylover
05-03-07, 23:15
Iv had these to.Ebay told me never to open the email.They also told me if its an email from ebay it will always be in your messages on ebay,so check there first.

Piglet
06-03-07, 12:49
Mirry I once had one claiming to be from paypal asking me to register my details or I would lose my status.

It rang alarm bells cos they sent it to my msn address which I had never given them - so I knew it was a fraud.

You have to be so careful don't you.

Piglet x

mirry
06-03-07, 16:56
lol, my husband said ( when I started to tell him the story) ,
ooooo youve ordered a lap top !!!!

Think he was dissapointed to learn that It wasnt true.