PDA

View Full Version : severe upper back pain very anxious now

gordie1
29-03-16, 14:19
HI there
Totally unsure what this could be. I was leaning over the computer for a while yesterday while standing. I also have diagnosed gallbladder problems waiting for an MRI scan I also know I slept in a very funny angle last night. I woke up this morning with this terrible pain between my shoulders mainly occurring to the right. I have had gallbladder pain yesterday and I know that this can be referred. I took 2 cocodamol at 0830 this morning and it has not helped at all. I am about to take another 2. I keep thinking it could be a pulmonary embolism, heart attack or heart failure, the pain is almost constant I can more or less put my finger on it, it does not go anywhere else and I walked into town and back without feeling breathless but I was in pain but no different when I was at home. I am trying to think logically here. But I am now really anxious

---------- Post added at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

could I have pinched a nerve?

help me 21
29-03-16, 15:17
I can relate to the back pain ��! I have sereve back pain every morning when I wake up till the point I'm crying with it. And it's mild through out the day. I don't have a clue what it is doc says nothing he said down to stress. Which I don't believe

Josh1234
29-03-16, 15:32
there is no mistaking a heart attack.

countrygirl
29-03-16, 16:10
You know your gallbladder pain and any other symptoms you get with an attack ( like the burps. vomiting or pale poo!) so if you dont have any other symptoms then its most likely musculo/skeletal in origin.
Painkillers are unlikely to help if its from this but hot pad on area might help.

gordie1
29-03-16, 16:14
I had a bath and the pain dissapeared but came back when i got up out of the bath !!

dmc1892
30-03-16, 14:21
when i get anxious in my work sitting at my desk , my upper back gets so tense it ends up feeling as i've been tp the gym and done a session in there