PDA

View Full Version : Family changes personality, behaviour.

viking111
29-03-16, 14:19
Hello!
Over the last months, I've been troubeled by weird behaviour and personality change in my family. This first happened with my aunt, about 6 years ago, when suddently, one day she started acting weird. At first I even thought she was drunk, but after throughout checking, she wasn't drunk and that weird behaviour continued for few weeks until it stopped. The symptoms of this weird behaviour are - person acting like drunk, overly funny, not paying attention, like high.
Recently, this also happened to my dad. He also one day started acting really weird, with the almost same symptoms. He now narrates almost his every move, talking to himself, being extra talkative, not like usual. Also my dad and my aunt are brother and sister in their late 50s.
I have no real idea what this is. Could really be some dementia at this age, but this is also driving me nuts and making my OCD get worse and gives me ton of anxiety.
Anyone know any tips? Also this behaviour/personality thing seems to pass from time to time, and it is often triggered by me arguing with them over some matters.

sammie13s
29-03-16, 23:13
Iv never heard of that before. Are you sure your mind isn't playing silly tricks on you? Xx

viking111
30-03-16, 17:13
Iv never heard of that before. Are you sure your mind isn't playing silly tricks on you? Xx
I really don't know. I am really positive about my aunt having some kind of a disease as when I first noticed the change, I wasn't anxious before so that couldn't be me overreacting or something. I don't know about my dad though, that could just be my OCD and anxiety playing tricks on me.