PDA

View Full Version : i need some help fast please

ian6989
29-03-16, 15:12
hello people thanks for taking the time to read this.
i have been diagnosed with anxiety but my psych wassnt of very much help. i just needed some help please
most of the time it feels like im really really not here when im walking around not connected but other times it feels like i am here but everything around me is dead ? i honestly dont no how to feel anymore
any help would be much appreciated please

---------- Post added at 15:12 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

by the way i take citalopram 40mg which has just been upped from 20mg and quetiapine 200 mg morning and night.

baldy_dude
29-03-16, 15:41
ian - been there as well. this is normal feelings associated with anxiety/panic/stress. That feeling of being separated from reality (derealization) is awful, but the minute that I read online that other people felt the same, was the minute I started to understand that its part and parcel of the symptoms associated with panic.

ian6989
29-03-16, 15:54
i seem to have it constantly though. and there are some times when i cant even tell how im supposed to feel. i cant tell if i feel detatched or detatched ??

adeyt
29-03-16, 17:45
Its a horrible feeling, im having that also. You really do think you are loosing the plot. It takes my confidence right away, to the point that i not only feel
agrophobic, but i am scared in my own house, cos everything feels weird.I had a bad bout of depression about 10 years ago (lasted a good long time cos i hit the bottle to self medicate!!!!!!very bad move), then have been med free since, untill the end of Jan just gone, then bam anxiety like I have never thought possible

ian6989
29-03-16, 18:00
i start some therapy work on thursday
i have been told it just takes a while but eventually it will pass
i suppose you just have to be positive :)

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

i have just upped my medication aswell so i am not sure if that has anything to do with the situation :(

NoPoet
29-03-16, 22:50
Derealisation and depersonalisation are defensive states your mind retreats into when it is trying to protect itself from emotional overload. While it's often seen in people who are going through the mill, as you are, it's frequently seen as a side effect of some medications, including citalopram and tranquilisers.

People also report a feeling of losing contact with their emotions on some medications, especially at higher doses.

40mg is the higest daily dose of cit and maybe it's just too strong for you. The jump from 20 to 40mg is kind of epic, this stuff is really strong and doses should be changed a bit slower.

With the above in mind, could you get a tablet cutter from Boots and trim a quarter of the tablet away so you are taking 30mg for a few days? Also speak to your doctor about your dose and the suitability of the medication for you. He or she might want you to go by their advice, rather than relying on "NoPoet from the internet", no matter how magnificent my buttocks.

ian6989
30-03-16, 08:39
thanks for the reply
will it eventually wear off do you think if i stay on these doses ?

---------- Post added at 08:39 ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 ----------

i have been on the increased dose for 11 days now