PDA

View Full Version : slight pressure behind right eye/redness/small dull aches...really worried :(

NathanLee
30-03-16, 10:26
Hi Guys,

I've suffered from health anxiety for around 4 years now. For the most part managed to control it. Although sometimes it gets the better of me...

For the past 2-3 days I've felt this very slight pressure behind my right eye, accompanied with very small/dull pains either in the eye or around the eye socket. Its very hard to describe.

I've also had a sensitivity to light and I dont feel my right eye can adjust to things as easily/hard to focus compared to the left eye.

I haven't really had any blurred vision, blackouts or dizziness thankfully.

However, I'm still quite worried as to what it could be (obviously thinking the worst i.e. tumour/cancer and so forth).

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

I have an eye appointment booked for Friday, but until then I have no clue and I'm thinking all types of things.

---------- Post added at 14:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

15 views and not one reply :weep:

---------- Post added at 17:26 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

26 views and not one comment...really??:huh:

Superworrier
30-03-16, 12:03
Hi hope this helps I have had all sorts of eye issues many I was so worried about I went o eye casuality .

What you describe I have had and still do mine also hurt when I moved it the sensitively to light and finding it hard to adjust was something I really focused on .

So yes I have had it also and still do.
The never gave me a overall diagnosis because they couldn't find anything with the eye itself .
What they did say was it is either my sinuses they also said I have sometimes dry eye and that can cause much of what you decribe and with the Anxiety we then focus on and notice other things of no issue .

Sorry do hope that helps a little .

NathanLee
31-03-16, 01:12
Hi hope this helps I have had all sorts of eye issues many I was so worried about I went o eye casuality .

What you describe I have had and still do mine also hurt when I moved it the sensitively to light and finding it hard to adjust was something I really focused on .

So yes I have had it also and still do.
The never gave me a overall diagnosis because they couldn't find anything with the eye itself .
What they did say was it is either my sinuses they also said I have sometimes dry eye and that can cause much of what you decribe and with the Anxiety we then focus on and notice other things of no issue .

Sorry do hope that helps a little .

Thanks for the response, really appreciate it

It could very well be my sinuses, especially as I think they are acting up lately.

Added with health anxiety = not a fun time

I have an eye test tomorrow at an optometrist so hoping he can shed some light on it. In the meantime I'm worrying myself sick...

ItsNick
31-03-16, 01:23
Hope it all goes well. I still have a slight BT worry, but they're very rare. I'm sure you'll be just fine!