PDA

View Full Version : Sinutab and weird dreams?

helenhoo
30-03-16, 11:42
Anyone else experienced these? It's almost what I imagine drugs to feel like. Only ever when I'm taking these near night time as over weekend I didn't take tablets and had normal dreams. I wake up briefly but feel dream like for a few seconds. Hard to explain. Sort of off my tits lol. 99.999% related to these tablets, sort of remember being told not to use near night time.

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 ----------

I'm mostly joking when I say this but you know what were lik; someone said sinus infection can go to your brain?! Ha! I know it can but mines mild and almost gone just lurking on the right.

MyNameIsTerry
30-03-16, 12:10
All people can experience sleep phenomena but anxiety can make them more frequent. This can include being unable to move upon waking.

But with the pattern being only when you take that med at night, it makes sense it's a side effect and to change the pattern to see if it goes away. Probably the pseudo ephedrine in it?

helenhoo
30-03-16, 12:12
I think it must be.

It's hard to explain, I'm not hallucinating or rigid. Or even scared. I'm able to move and shift sleep positions but I'm in a state of sleep bliss. Ive never taken drugs but I imagine it's same sensation.

MyNameIsTerry
30-03-16, 12:25
So, it's not sleep paralysis, which is also a sleep phenomena anyone can experience so nothing to be afraid off. Hallucinations are a known phenomena too, so again they wouldn't be anything to worry about either. Just saying that just in case it ever came up with anxiety in future as people post worrying it's something else.

So like a euphoria then? Without checking it's not possible to say but it does ring a bell with ephedrine (I've taken fat burners with forms of that in back in my weight training days and felt euphoric) but given the pattern of how you can stop & start it, it seems the most likely cause.

helenhoo
30-03-16, 12:30
Definitely, ive never to my knowledge taken this before but my mom said sudafed gives Her weird dreams but not too sure if this classes as a dream as such. At least I know.

Also, every had this yourself? How long does it last? Most of it has gone (it's a lot better, just one sided now)

MyNameIsTerry
30-03-16, 12:44
I can't remember ever having a sinus infection. I've had more chest infections as a child than a lot of people probably ever have, which seemed to a bad stage with my asthma back then, but rarely do I get them these days.

Chest infections, the throat infections, etc that I've had are all annoying nuisances and anxiety can be a pain in the backside here because it will try it's best to focus you on these symptoms. It will go though and we just have to try to not let our anxiety suck us into those spirals so try to distract yourself if you can.

Plenty of vitamin C too (I'm a broken record on this!), I've always needed antibiotics in the past, steroids too sometimes when I was younger, but the last two infections (chest last year, throat a couple of weeks ago) I didn't and just took small doses of vitamin C several times a day (approx 360mg x 3 points in day, I took slow release 500mg twice a day last year) plus got plenty of fruit (strawberries are good for C).