PDA

View Full Version : Many UPs and DOWNs during the day - IS THIS NORMAL?

CG1964
30-03-16, 13:04
Day 36 on Sertraline. 21 @25mg and 15@50mg. For the last five days I have had periods of feeling normal and the UP periods have lasted several hours before the wave of anxiety starts to build - but it's a constant UP and DOWN cycle.
Is this normal while the dose is building up to therapeutic levels?

Should the UP periods be getting longer and the DOWN times fewer and farther between?

Eventually should I be UP all the time, even in the morning when it's the absolute worst for me right now?

I appreciate any advice or experiences that you can share with me - I have no idea what to expect. Thanks very much.

rspreece
30-03-16, 16:03
Hi CG1964,

I'm currently experiencing the same yo-yo effect with my moods and feelings. From what I've read in other threads on NMP this is pretty normal until the medication has risen to therapeutic levels in your body.

Its been four weeks for me since I started on 50mg of Sertraline and the mornings have been the worst time of day for me. I have been making myself get showered and dressed as quickly as possible once I wake up, as if I continue to lay in bed the anxiety feels worse.

Once I'm up and have drank something and eaten breakfast my anxiety levels then start to lessen throughout the day.

The past week in particular though I've had periods of the day where I've felt upbeat, calm and optimistic about my life. This has then been followed by sudden swings towards feeling anxious and low. It is very disheartening but I keep telling myself to take each day as it comes and to focus on the positives.

I've just rejoined my gym and exercise is definitely lifting my moods.

Hang in there, I'm sure these ups and downs you're experiencing is completely normal at this stage :)