PDA

View Full Version : constipation and piles!

saintdee
05-03-07, 20:46
hi again,

i have experienced sharp shooting pains in my anus/rectum over the last few days, i have also been constipated and straining to go, which is something i have never really had to do. i have got ibs but have not had this before, could anyone please help me out on the signs and symptoms of piles? i do not have any blood when i go to the loo. but as i dont know what piles pain or discomfort is, i wonderd if anyone can shed some light on it please.

syl
05-03-07, 21:07
Hi
I have been having the same problem with shooting pain in anus for last few days I also suffer with IBS and was wondering if it was related tried googleing but that was a mistake
comes up with so many different things from ibs to the dreaded c so guess i am going to put it down to IBs

nomorepanic
05-03-07, 21:12
Hi there

I get piles but mine come from prolonged bouts of diarrohea instead of straining as you are.

Mine were bleeding though so there was an obvious sign.

I went to the docs and she examined me and instantly said it was piles. They do clear up by themselves or you can get an over the counter cream to put on them.

Mine didn't even hurt but I know other people have had them and they itch like mad and get very sore. **** sorry to be crude here *** but you can also feel them as small protrusions or if you can get in the correct position you may be able to see them in a mirror.

If you are worried then they are easily diagnosed by the doctor and then you can get some treatment for them.

The advice they gave me was to keep the area clean at all times and not to strain when going to the toilet - which wasn't the problem I had anyway.

Hope you get yours sorted out soon as well.

nell1965
05-03-07, 21:13
sounds like constipation symptoms to me. Piles can be either internal or external and can be present with or without bleeding. With piles the pain tends to be on passing stools or just after if the piles are ordinary, thrombosed pile are different. However i think you are probably just constipated. What can happen is that if there is stool present in the rectum for too long they can dry out and this forms a plug which prevents passage of further stools, or you do not have enough fluid and fibre in your diet and your stools are spending to long in the colon allowing too much water to be absorbed making them hard. You need to increase your fibre and fluid intake and this may resolve on its own,if not you need to speak to your doctor or pharmacist for advice re medication for constipation. Try and avoid going to the toilet too often and straining as this is not good for the rectum. When you are sitting on the toilet raise you both of your feet up on a small step (like the ones used to help train kids to use the toilet, or even on some books so that you are sitting more in a supported squat postion, this will help you to evaquate your bowel easier.
Sorry to have ranted on so much, hope this helps

yorkylover
05-03-07, 23:32
Hi sounds pretty much like constipation to me.:blush: Nell is right about sitting with your feet up on a stool,it works!!!!!!!!Also when Im constipated usually alot!!!!I drink warm boiled water its soothing and helps things along.:winks:
Are you on any meds.Mine make me constipated.