PDA

View Full Version : Sinusy still.

helenhoo
30-03-16, 19:35
(Ive got in touch with NHS and private therapists regarding CBT)

So my head pressure went and now I have aches around temples and around eyes. I know this is sinus related but I'm still bloody worried it's eating my brain/it's an aneurysm warning.

It doesn't hurt to bend over anymore. It's just where described now. Improved a lot but still here almost a week later. Nurse friend said go take tablets another few days. I just feel anxious.

Josh1234
30-03-16, 19:42
its not. you'd be dead or in a stroke by now. you'd have the worst headache of your life before that happened.

KatiePink
30-03-16, 19:43
Replied to your message x

helenhoo
30-03-16, 19:54
I have a slight headache x

---------- Post added at 19:54 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

Mildest headache on top of this too - related?

KatiePink
30-03-16, 19:56
Yes it will probably be a sinus headache. I had a very bad sinus/pressure headache for nearly 48 hours when my sinusitis was bad x

helenhoo
30-03-16, 20:11
I'm sick of going from strong to panic. My nose is throbbing.

KatiePink
30-03-16, 20:13
It takes a lot of strength doesn't it, try not judging yourself for panicking, i found when i was pee'd off with myself for being so anxious it only made things worse, try painkillers, warm compress, steam, ect and anything you can do to keep yourself occupied x

helenhoo
30-03-16, 20:24
I Dont know why aneurysms are a fear again. I want to cry.

KatiePink
30-03-16, 20:25
Then cry, honestly, don't 'try' and forget about it like that, you ARE anxious about it, but that doesn't make it true and you know that really, we all do, Keep re reading what people have said if it helps, hope you feel better soon x

helenhoo
30-03-16, 20:45
How do I know if it's infectjon or? Ive never dealt with sinus before

KatiePink
30-03-16, 21:06
It will be and hasn't your doc confirmed?

The symptoms of sinus infection and allergies can be similar. Both can cause symptoms such as runny nose, congestion, headaches, nighttime cough, and difficulty breathing. You are more likely to have a sinus infection if you have fever, colored nasal discharge, and facial or sinus pain.

The are all the things you can do if you want it gone faster

Inhale steam
Clean nasal area
Drink water
Rest
Spicy food
Warm compress(sinuses)
Good foods
Decongestants(Olbas oil) ect

I did all of the above and mine was so severe i could barely breathe, my 'peak' lasted about 4 days, but like i've said i still have sinus pressure lingering around now even though the actual symptoms (Blocked nose) ect went a while ago x

helenhoo
30-03-16, 21:23
Mine has been;

Sinus pressure - bridge of nose, around eyes, forehead. I did have huge pressure when bending but not anymore.
Headache
Night cough - think this has gone.
If I hock up (I don't have to) my phlegm is green. Normal right? We used to call these greenies as a kid (Vom).

---------- Post added at 21:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:20 ----------

Nurse confirmed this and two pharmacists.

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

I'm breathing in olbas oil and steam, taking ibuprofen now as sinutab had been givi me weird dreams and Aunt said it works wonders for her sinus issues. Warm compress literally across the face?

KatiePink
30-03-16, 21:27
Warm compress literally across the face?

Yep on your sinuses so cheekbones under eyes, across eyebrow bones and inbetween eyes/top of nose, i used a flannel ran it under hot water(be careful) lol and then when it wasn't too hot folded it up and held it on these areas, really helped me but there's no saying it will for you, fingers crossed x

helenhoo
30-03-16, 22:15
Thanks for your tips :)

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

How long did you have it Katie?

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 21:45 ----------

I'm addicted to steam haha. Do o blow nose when it's all lose in there? I'm not congested so don't know where snot comes from?

KatiePink
30-03-16, 23:56
Thanks for your tips :)

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

How long did you have it Katie?

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 21:45 ----------

I'm addicted to steam haha. Do o blow nose when it's all lose in there? I'm not congested so don't know where snot comes from?

I started getting the head pressure for about a week, then came all the symptoms like headaches, sore nose throat ect which lasted 4 days, and for about a week after that i was still having problems, so quite a while.

Yes usually about 10-15 mins after steaming i would try and blow my nose, towards the end of the illness when my nose didn't feel congested, i was surprised where 'it' was all coming through as like you said i didn't feel blocked up, but it needs to come out so encouraging it with steam ect is good x

helenhoo
31-03-16, 09:14
Would you wake with mild headache? First time this has happened?

---------- Post added at 09:14 ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 ----------

Went to walk in -

she's like oh you've been here a few times before *eye roll*not for months though, ive held back because I feel silly most times.

She checked blood pressure, lungs, oxygen, temperature. All normal and good.
Said with sinus infections antibiotics aren't recommendd until two weeks, even showed me her information. Headaches are normal in general she said as is the occasional funky spit.

Hopefully I feel better.