PDA

View Full Version : Tummy bug lasting a week - Cdiff?

poppy77
30-03-16, 20:07
Have any of you had experience of a tummy bug going on over a week and or gut infections like cdiff?

I'm trying my best to keep my HA in check and am on sertraline (as of mid-January). However, I have had a weird tummy bug thing since last Wednesday morning. Over the last month my kids all have had diahorrea bugs and colds type thing. Since Wednesday morning (last week) I started with really bad flatulence, 'icky stomach' and lots of mushy loose stool. Since then I've had a combination of mushy stool (funny smelling), gurgling tummy (off and on), griping tummy (off and on), a bit of nausea and actual diahorrea on Monday and today. No vomiting.

I've been to the doctors on Friday and Monday and they examined me and don't seem to think it's anything to worry about.

Some other info - I'm on 60mg (?) of Lanzaprazole for reflux (last 6 weeks) and heard you can have increased chance of cdiff if you are on ppis. I had antibiotics for a cyst in September and had two weeks of mushy poo after that. Would cdiff take that long to appear?

I am 38 years old. I have recently had blood tests (a month ago) and they were fine. I have not noticed blood in stools or narrowed stools.

Why would a tummy bug take this long to clear and what should I do?

Clarry Anny
30-03-16, 21:22
I have experienced this and my h.a is telling me it's some kind of cancer and I know it's my ibs which is worse when I am anxious. I have had stomach aches and wind for weeks on and off. I read posts on here to try and reassure myself. Sometimes it works. its reassuring to know someone else has this too though that's not much help for you