PDA

View Full Version : Hello

lou_lou
30-03-16, 22:11
:) Hi my name is Lou - i'm fairly new to all this.
I'm 33, live with my partner and my 7 year old son and i've been through the mill recently. I've not been diagnosed with Anxiety, but do have all the symptoms, my best friend told me about this website!...i have an appointment at the docs next week to discuss it and i'm terrified. Will they judge me? I know i need to do something as its starting to have an affect on my mental well being...

venusbluejeans
30-03-16, 22:16
Hiya lou_lou and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

23fish
30-03-16, 22:21
Don't worry - your GP will have seen loads of people with similar symptoms and will certainly not judge you. I would make a note of the things you want to say so you don't forget anything. Have you considered asking for counselling? I did a course of CBT, which is really helpful if you are prepared to put the time in to practise the techniques. I would also recommend any books by Claire Weekes (a bit old fashioned but easy to read and full of good advice) or Paul David's 'At Last a Life' (a lot of tips for dealing with anxiety without medication based on his own experience) or The Happiness Trap. I try to use their methods every day.
Good luck at the doctors, and remember - Nothing stays the same. It will get better x