PDA

View Full Version : pulsating neck/palpitations/head rush feeeling(help me!)

scorpion91
30-03-16, 23:58
Since about Saturday or Sunday, i've had these symptoms:

*pulsating neck on the right side of my neck. Along the veins(julgar or cartoid)
*blood pressure shifts up/down
*palpitations(slow and fast speed)
*slight tightness/pain on right side of neck veins.
*head rush flow. Feeling blood pressure entering up my veins to my head
*brain fog
*lightheaded/blood pressure shift when eating food(any food)
*pulsating stomach.
It feels like anxiety symptoms but I worry that I'm having the early signs of a stroke/heart attack

I've been to the ER twice this year for unspecified tachy. I was in a psych ward for anxiety because my hydroxzine stopped working.

I do take Kpin and Mirtazpine for anxiety/depression.

I'm unsure if the symptoms I have are anxiety or medically related. They feel scary to me

Carnation
31-03-16, 00:25
Scorpion, they are all anxiety symptoms.

All of those feelings will pass. Anxiety is fear and the fear feeds off these symptoms, usually when your anxiety is at it's highest.
Drink plenty of fluids, preferably water and wait calmly and it will pass.
Try distraction if that helps you.

Nicholebear
31-03-16, 02:37
Had very similar issues when my anxiety was severe. I had my first panic attack this past Christmas Eve and it sounded quite a bit like your symptoms.

scorpion91
31-03-16, 20:00
I keep getting these "flare ups."

How can you disgusting these symptoms from anxiety/panic from something serious(heart atack/stroke/clot/etc)

The rapid blood pressure/pulse shifts are something that concerns me.

The palpitations also.

What do you all do if the random blood pressure spikes and brain fog

Nicholebear
13-04-16, 21:36
Sit down, sip on something like room temp water, turn on some cartoons and try to focus on that. You know what your body is doing so there's no point in thinking about it. Just accept it for what it is. It helps having someone there with you too. Figure if it was something really bad you would pass out and someone could call an ambulance. Also good to talk and keep yourself distracted til the feeling passes