PDA

View Full Version : Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm and chest x ray

Njon704
31-03-16, 01:10
I'm a 33 female and I'm worried about an abdominal aortic anyuerism... I had a chest x ray 2 months ago as well as an ekg and an echocardiogram. It was for chest pain ... they weren't specifically looking for an abdominal aortic anyuerism... but I'm wondering if it would've shown it. I know that it's most common in males 65 and over. But you hear those odd stories of someone young getting it and I start thinking I could be in that small group of people. I had an abdominal ultrasound to look at my gallbladder ... so I don't think they looked at my abdominal aorta at all. But let's say the tests and scans I had showed my abdominal aorta was a-okay... does that mean I'm in the clear or is an abdominal aneurysm something that builds up in a matter of minutes or few hours . Like a scan can show a clear and normal aorta today and tomorrow you can develop an aneurysm within 24 hours ?

ItsNick
31-03-16, 01:25
I think you're just fine! Didn't you make a post about this not too long ago after swallowing some Pizza or something? They're crazy rare!

Fishmanpa
31-03-16, 01:32
With respect, to pull this out of thin air with no reason just isn't rational at all based on the medical history you've posted.

Are you getting help with your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

Njon704
31-03-16, 01:55
With respect, to pull this out of thin air with no reason just isn't rational at all based on the medical history you've posted.

Are you getting help with your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

One more week until I start therapy... counting down the days.

Fishmanpa
31-03-16, 01:57
One more week until I start therapy... counting down the days.

There ya go kiddo! :yesyes: Gonna be kickin' dragon butt in no time!

Positive thoughts

Njon704
31-03-16, 01:58
I think you're just fine! Didn't you make a post about this not too long ago after swallowing some Pizza or something? They're crazy rare!

Yea... I asked about getting pneumonia from a piece of the pizza going for down the wrong pipe. I sucked it up and asked my doctor for a referral to see a therapist. I hope it'll help with my anxiety...