PDA

View Full Version : Strange Coloured morning spit.

helenhoo
31-03-16, 07:13
Yellow-y rusty colour. Gone after two spits.

As I have this headache, and I may as well say I'm what I'm worrying about; my infection spreading into abscess on my brain eating away and this is draining while I sleep...

Seriously. And no, we've established I'm not a troll.

MyNameIsTerry
31-03-16, 07:19
My doctors always told me yellow or greenish mucus was an infection sign to look out for. This was because I had asthma and back then it meant I likely needed antibiotics for a chest infection (coughing up mucus and issues on chest, not sinuses).

So, it may just be that.

helenhoo
31-03-16, 07:25
Just my saliva in mouth? Not hocking it up. First spit of morning?

Phuzella
31-03-16, 08:26
With sinus probs you'll more than likely be sleeping with your mouth open. So the spit will be just sort of overnight and early morning spit. Bit grubby but perfectly ok :),

---------- Post added at 08:26 ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 ----------

I bet you're tongue is a bit coated too :D

helenhoo
31-03-16, 08:30
Off to walk-in

Carnation
31-03-16, 09:55
I get this and I suffer with my sinuses.

helenhoo
31-03-16, 11:49
Walk in nurse said to keep doing what I'm doing for another few days; usually resolve in 14 days without treatment but with what I'm doing shouldn't take much longer.

She checked lungs, oxygen/heart rate, blood pressure and my temp and all normal.
I felt relieve but now worrying because I didn't mention I had eye ache.

MyNameIsTerry
31-03-16, 12:28
If eye ache would possibly indicate a problem with what you currently have, I think she would have asked you rather than rely on you to mention it.

helenhoo
31-03-16, 12:32
The eye ache worry comes from my irrational aneurysm fear...

Annoyed
31-03-16, 13:04
Seemed a little too eager to go to the walk-in. This is uber common for me with my horrible sinus issues. Tongue coated in the mornings every morning after a weather change. I always spit up saliva with a tinge of mucus. I imagine this is super common. You've probably done it before without paying attention.

helenhoo
31-03-16, 13:14
I only went walk in because my nurse friend said to check as its been a week (she's a student)

Carnation
31-03-16, 13:32
Eye ache can also be an indication of sinuses. I have it too.

I also get the furry tongue from time to time and ear issues too.

Had it for years!

Josh1234
31-03-16, 15:25
You need help. Are you in therapy? No offense, but you're in here everyday making threads about common cold symptoms and stuffy noses, and plenty of us have very scary symptoms. Go see a psychologist, cause at my worst, Im not afraid of phlegm.

helenhoo
31-03-16, 16:07
What's scary to me may not be scary o others. I see posts I think are over dramatised but I don't say that because to that person it's the worst thing currently happening to them. Ive never had a sinus illness before so this is all new to me. I'm seeing some symptoms are worse illnesses as through HA Ive read so much regrettably.

I'm on a waiting list for therapy. And it wasn't phlegm it was yellow salvia.

---------- Post added at 16:07 ---------- Previous post was at 16:00 ----------

Carnation; yes ears are plugged. They've been on:off cracking trying to PPP today so maybe that's a good sign?

Hypo
31-03-16, 16:34
I get yellow salvia in the mornings, so does my husband. So do most people in the world.

That was not a reason to go to the walk in clinic.

I know how anxious you are and obviously I can sympathise with that, but while you go for normal symptoms like that you keep yourself stuck in the anxiety circle. You have been reassured for a short time, but in the long term this will just heighten your anxiety as you should be telling yourself that you have an issue with anxiety instead of rushing to the walk in clinic to get your quick fix or reassurance. Which what? lasted all of a few seconds as you are already doubting it.

Most of us have been there, gone to the GP when we didn't need to but you need to try to stop doing that, for your anxiety and also most of us with HA realise that while we are anxious we shouldn't be wasting resources and making the wait to be seen even longer for those who have a genuine medical reason to be there. If you used your logical brain you would have known that you didn't need to go. You need to fight the anxiety as hard as you can, and rushing to the walk in clinic is not fighting it.

Fishmanpa
31-03-16, 16:52
you're in here everyday making threads about common cold symptoms and stuffy noses

There's a saying about colds: "It takes a week to catch a cold, a week to have a cold and a week to get rid of it." ... give or take a few days/week.

You've posted no less than 13 threads about it since the 18th which is the two weeks you've been experiencing symptoms. Not that there's anything wrong with that as that's how you apparently cope but to say you've never experienced sinus issues and question every little niggle and turn them into serious life threatening situations? (an ache on your eyebrow is NOT an aneurysm!) The common cold and related viruses are just that! They're all sinus related illnesses/issues. Could be head, could be chest, could be throat, could include stomach, ears etc. or any combination of the aforementioned. It's just what they do and while it's uncomfortable, it's not sinister. So you have at least another week of unpleasantness.

Hope you feel better soon and good going on calling for the CBT referral!

Positive thoughts

helenhoo
31-03-16, 17:15
I didn't go walk in just for the spit. Beleive me I really didn't want go go but as mentioned my friend is a student nurse and she asked how I was, told her and she said as its been just over a week to get advice from a nurse/doctor at a walk in.

---------- Post added at 17:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:58 ----------

And. I haven't been to walk in since November for the reasons Stated.

pulisa
31-03-16, 18:07
It's probably best not to ask advice off your friend ? She could be unintentionally making things worse for you just because she is a student nurse. At some point you have to mentally stop yourself from allowing these thoughts to spiral. You have absolutely no red flag symptoms.

helenhoo
31-03-16, 20:09
I guess only red flag on my eyes was, well eye/eyebrow ache but ive read we have sinuses behind eyes to. It was so mild and not for long yet causes so much worry.