PDA

View Full Version : Fluoxetine and Rigevidon

anxiousbelle
31-03-16, 16:32
Hi,

I came off fluoxetine last July, and in September I went on Rigevidon. I am still on Rigevidon, and have just been given a prescription of fluoxetine because of really bad anxiety. But am a bit worried about being on both, incase they react or cause a blood clot. I am going to come off birth control at the end of my packet which is in 2 weeks time. But in the meantime still going onto medication, unsure what to do.

Josh1234
31-03-16, 17:24
Well, if your doctor says its ok, then its ok. Please dont ask people here on advice for medication to take when your own doctor says its ok.

anxiousbelle
31-03-16, 20:48
This isn't a post about whether or not I should take them. Rather looking for reassurance from anybody who has been through the same thing.

MyNameIsTerry
01-04-16, 05:10
Well, if your doctor says its ok, then its ok. Please dont ask people here on advice for medication to take when your own doctor says its ok.

In the UK Josh, I would say a pharmacist really. Our GP's largely have very little understanding of how or why to use antidepressants. They should be a lot more familiar with the contraceptive meds though.