PDA

View Full Version : When to return to work

Edinburger
31-03-16, 20:33
Hi guys -

Looking for some honest advice/experience if I may.

I am currently signed off work and have been for the last month.

I can honestly say that it hasn't changed much if anything.

I have tried every suggestion made by my GP to help myself to no avail.

Do I persevere and stay signed off in hope that a change In state of mind will happen or should I accept my condition and return to work.

My wife reckons I have marginally improved but not much and thinks I should have my sick line extended. I feel guilty that I'm off work and have been for a month to no avail so should get back.

Cheers

Xtrastrongbint
31-03-16, 21:42
Hi Edinburger - what are you signed off for? :)

wabbit1
01-04-16, 12:32
A month is not a long time. I felt the same as you, guilt at not working so went back after a month. It was the worst decision for me and ended up being off for a further 5 months. It took me a few months to accept that I needed the time.

It sounds to me that you're not quite ready so there is no shame in needing a bit longer.

Lisah34
01-04-16, 12:48
Im in the same situation. Made the desicion today that im not going back till im 100% better. Theres no point in pushing yourself to go back if you arent ready, it will only make you more unwell. I work in customer service and have to deal with the public every minute of my shift i cant be my best if im still unwell. Try to get over the guilt and think of you!!

Phill2
02-04-16, 03:23
Hi guys -

Looking for some honest advice/experience if I may.

I am currently signed off work and have been for the last month.

I can honestly say that it hasn't changed much if anything.

I have tried every suggestion made by my GP to help myself to no avail.

Do I persevere and stay signed off in hope that a change In state of mind will happen or should I accept my condition and return to work.

My wife reckons I have marginally improved but not much and thinks I should have my sick line extended. I feel guilty that I'm off work and have been for a month to no avail so should get back.

Cheers

I found that accepting my situation and going back was the best thing ever for helping recover.
Sitting at home gives you too much time to think and worry.

Lisah34
02-04-16, 09:41
Was your employer understanding phil?