PDA

View Full Version : Several bad weeks now

gregcool
01-04-16, 08:47
Hi guys..its been several weeks now without any good days or good points in the day..i havnt droped my olanzipine any further for three months so wonder if my body and mind do not like it since iv gradualy droped from 5mg down to 2.5mg...i thought things were getting better a few months ago as i was having good days after last reduction.but since way back then,its all been down hill each day.iv had this tight face for a few weeks now and hot face feeling with a feeling that the whole of the inside of my mouth is sore or agitated....iv been to the doctors about this feeling in my mouth,but he found nothing there and said its prob my anxiety...im pissed off waking feeling this heavy foggy head and feeling very agitated with everyone and everything in my day.also iv been suffering more and more depersonalization and derealization each day all day.im now wondering if the olanzipine reduction was a good idea and that it actualy may have been helping ..so im not sure if i should now up the does again to 5mg..but when i was on 5mg i was so tired all the time and cant remember if i felt any better than im feeling now.its all become a blur...as im feeling tired most days now to...nothing has changed in my life to have caused this so im confused.i have avoided coming on hear for a while to see if reading posts and being dependant to no more panic was making me worse,but havnt had any bennefits staying away from NMP..not sure where to go from hear,i feel very depressed with it all and am fedup with waking up and feeling like iv been told iv only got 6 months to live and high anxiety
Any words of comfort and advice

.Poppy.
01-04-16, 13:30
I'm sorry, Greg. I don't really have advice but I'm sure what you're going through is impossibly hard and I'm sorry you have to go through it.

Just curious: the first time you dropped the olanzipine, what dosage were you taking and how long were you at that dosage? You said you felt better, did you have more energy? Is it possible that dosage was a "sweet spot" for you and you could work back up to that?

gregcool
01-04-16, 16:54
Hi popy thanks for your reply..i never thought of that..well orig i was on 5mg for months and didnt feel good on it then over a period of few months i got it down to 2.5mg i think i was droping it a 1/8 at a time so cant rem what dose i was on around early dec when i started feeling ok and more energy..ill have to look into this tonight..maybe try and up my dose again to try and hit that sweet spot you talked about..thanks for that never thought of that

---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:50 ----------

Just checked my diary over the last three months,only had a few days good from the drop in olanzipine not as many as i thought..so dont think the last reduction did much good so will not be going up again..i think i need to just get off this med and see how i feel..

MyNameIsTerry
03-04-16, 08:19
Sorry to hear you are struggling mate.

I thought you had much better days when you dropped the first dosage and it was when you mistakenly went back up to 5mg where it all unravelled?

I don't think you had a reassurance pattern anyway, Greg, certainly not last year anyway. You've discussed that in the past and you have been in a much better place over the last year so if you had it, it's changed anyway. You said you would want to get advice but then you starting coming on to talk or state a goal as opposed to seek any help anywhere as you recognised it was just how you felt and it wouldn't be changed coming on here. You had your triggers but you were coming around to them and taking charge.

Elen
03-04-16, 10:35
No advice unfortunately Greg but comfort is available.

You have done so well in the past year or so, so please do not diminish that, you are a different man to the one you were at the start.

I have every faith that you will find your way out of this blip.