PDA

View Full Version : Sex, exercise, anything that gets blood flowingsets off symptoms

seanh9212
02-04-16, 16:03
Hello everyone, just joined the forums and glad to join the community. I have been experiencing quite nasty anxiety since a concussion back in august, Although recently its gotten worse, it is triggered by pretty much anything, the violence on tv, suspense on tv, social situations etc. However more alarmingly, anytime I have sex or masturbate I get extremely anxious, my muscles get very tense, also when I exercise the same thing happens, even after a brisk walk, it seems antyhing that gets the blood flowing to my brain is a trigger, its horrible, any ideas how to combat this?

Maria90
15-04-16, 00:24
I have the same thing happening to me!!! For 8 months now
Anything triggers it!! What are your symptoms?

Maria

MyNameIsTerry
15-04-16, 05:49
I was exactly the same at my worst points. Literally anything whether brushing my teeth, getting up and moving around or bending. Washing, shaving, showering, eating, etc. Any physical activity meant increasing heart rate and was interpreted as a possible threat.

It was a truly awful time in my anxiety. But it does get better with time and work. I feel it's a slow road back from this type of severity though.

Lots of things can be tried. Meds, therapy, Mindfulness, relaxation exercises, visualisation, exercise to work on confidence (initially this is an exposure though and may be hard, so build up), many possible natural supplements, etc. It's a matter of trying and seeing what happens.

I would suggest you talk to people on here as you are not alone. It will feel that way but there are more than 2 of us who understand how this all feels. As you talk you will get ideas and feedback plus you might feel less alone in the world with it as it's more common than you think.

Maria90
15-04-16, 07:54
I too have had the severe case
I remember when it all first started I thought that was it for me. It was so severe I couldn't be standing up for more then a few minutes at a time. I had almost EVERY symptom of anxiety and that is not me exaggerating! ...it has gotten better I must say but very slow progess as you say. I will be trialing natural things out first before resorting to meds. I was on amitriptyline low dose and that helped a great tonne. If I would of yoped my dosage I think it would of made a huge difference but a few months into taking it even at a low dose I decided to not rely on them and came off. And of course the symptoms started to come up again.

I believe this is happening to us for a reason. To find ourselves agaib, to get at our lowest point in life only to rise up stronger!!
Before this anxiety hit me wasn't living my life the way I wanted to. I was always unhappy and negative. And I am thankful for going through this because when I come out of the other side boy will I be much stronger and much happier!

God bless!