PDA

View Full Version : bloated stomach...

jc27x
02-04-16, 19:33
so for just over a week now my stomach has been a bit swollen, it isnt as bad in the mornings or when im sat down but its really stressing me out.
I just keep thinking maybe its fluid?
I dont know what it all means and I just put everything down to being cancer.
When I told the dr he advised me to get zantac and I have and it hasnt helped at all.
I cant get it out of my mind and its taking over again :(
does anyone have any advise?

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 16:12 ----------

Anyone? xxx

.Poppy.
02-04-16, 21:02
Has your diet changed at all? Any new meds? Are you a female? Also, do you have a stomachache or does it just seem swollen?

jc27x
02-04-16, 21:05
My diet is a bit all over the place to be honest but its always been like that and my stomach has never reacted like this before.
No new meds, I am female, and I have a stomach ache just seems like anxiety.
I also have pain in my ribs xx

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

Thanks for your reply btw xx

.Poppy.
02-04-16, 22:37
Of course :)

I know sometimes my cycle gets me bloated, especially if I eat certain foods.

Anxiety can do this too, isn't that the nasty thing? Our fight-flight messes with our entire body, from our nervous system to our gastric system. So, if you had a passing stomach ache or thought to yourself "I look more bloated today" it's not surprising that it would stick around. That's the nature of the beast.

Try to incorporate some more fresh fruits and veggies into your diet and see if you can't go for a walk or jog to try and clear your head a bit. If it were something sinister there would be a multitude of other, serious symptoms and you would know.

Hope you get to feeling better soon. :) xx

jc27x
02-04-16, 22:53
It causes so many symptoms that can be caused by other things and its just so easy to let your mind think the worst!

I will try more fruit & veg because I haven't been eating well at all for over a month so it kinda all started at the same time.
I just dont know why I cant keep that way of thinking!!

Thanks for your advice :) xx