PDA

View Full Version : 3hr assessment??

elle-jay
06-03-07, 04:11
Hmm i already been feeling crappy today like really light headed n breathless, but i just got the mail and i got a letter from the hospital i'll be going to to get treatmeant, im already scared enough of going i was meant to go to my little brothers session the other day cause his only 15 so they wanted our whole family to go but i couldnt do it. so i never went. but omg this appointment with me is 3hrs.. 3hrs?. omg. i cant last 3hrs what are they gonna do during 3hrs.. im so scared. its an assessment to see what treatment would be best for me. which is good i guess but omg, im scared to have a panic attack infront of them cause i probably will, i guess one way to look at it is if anything goes wrong im already at the hospital but still i know that nothing will go wrong i just hate having to go thru the feeling of that all the time, its such a horrible feeling.

but has anyone else been to anything that took 3hrs?. what are they gonna do during 3hrs?. like test everything?..i hope that doesnt mean more like blood tests or anything that involves needles.. gahh. why cant there just be some tablet we can take to forget all about anxiety n panic attackss..3hrs.. ahh i cant last 3hrs. lol. maybe an 1hr.. just. but 3hrs.. i will get hungry.. and i hate eating out...ok im gonna stop worrying lol its not until another 2weeks so i will worry about it then. i know i should probably just ring up and see what they do.. but.. gahh i hate fones soo much i will sit there for about an hour with the fone there dialing then hanging up cos im too scared to talk.

ahh i dont wanna go anymoree..i bet i will end up not going. i do this with everything... :wacko:

skylight2007
06-03-07, 09:19
Hey elle jay, please try not to worry tooooooooo much, you'll probably just be waiting around until your called, I know 3 hours seems like a hell of a long time, but on the bright side, you there to be assessed what treatment you can have. I am sure you will be fine, its just the anticipation of wondering what are they gonna do, I use to spend hours waiting in hospital for appointments, only to been seen for less than an hour.
The appointments not for another 2 weeks , so try not to let the feelings take over, think of things you can do to calm yourself down ok!!! take care of you skylight.

jo61
06-03-07, 09:57
HI Elle Jay, try not to worry about it. It'll probably be a series of appointments and then you'll get the help you need. I doubt very much you'll just be sitting in a room for the whole time.