PDA

View Full Version : Tension headache

Beckybecks
02-04-16, 20:43
I made a BIG mistake of googling my symptoms. Of course it says brain tumor ....
Anyway, can I get some reassurance from a fellow sufferer please. :)

I've had a headache for a whole week. Neck ache for much longer. Been through a very stressful period and had anxiety, panic and depression for a few months on and off which have produced various symptoms such as IBS.

I've never had a headache that lasted a whole week though.
It's worse in the mornings and tapers off quite a bit in the evening.
Sometimes it hurts enough to make me feel nauseous.
The pain moves around, sometimes at the back, sometimes on top sometimes I feel it in my cheekbones and nose.

I'm so tired of this now and have been feeling very anxious about it, which I know has made it worse.

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 18:40 ----------

Anyone please?

---------- Post added at 20:43 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

Anyone please?

Josh1234
02-04-16, 21:31
brain tumor headaches are often horrendous, and they normally don't jump around. besides, brain tumors have much more obvious symptoms, most of the time.

carmen2012
06-04-16, 15:49
Hi ,I too am suffering with headaches it started last April at the back of my head the pounding was awful & lasted 3 days Nurofen plus got rid of it but it returned.Ive been keeping a log of dates and the type of pain & where it is the pain used to be at the back but it can be on the front or sides now I seem to get them every month ..I woke up during the night last night with a headache in the front of my head it's still there now but not as bad..
I did visit my Dr & she said migraines are usually at the front and around the eye area not the back of head which got me worried and Google told me pain in the back could be a bleed ...I'm booking another appointment as I don't know if it's stress related but I'm trying not to think of something serious as my anxiety is at a high ..Have you been to your Dr?

tiller
07-04-16, 11:09
Many headache sufferers have found that relaxation techniques go a long way in helping them bring their nervous system back into balance. There are a variety of relaxation techniques to choose from including yoga, tai chi, and basic meditation. Stress experts suggest setting aside just 10 to 20 minutes each day to practice relaxation.

Biofeedback is a stress therapy that is gaining more and more attention, where trained professionals attach electrodes to a person’s skin to detect electrical signals from the muscles. It is then easier to recognize when you are becoming tense and find ways to relax muscles before they tighten up and cause a headache.

The truth is, any activity that brings you joy and comfort can be considered a relaxation technique. This could be sitting in a sauna, or lying down in a hammock and staring at the clouds. The point is to relieve the tension that is consuming you.

If you think you might be suffering from frequent stress-related headaches, don’t suffer in silence, talk to your doctor about which safe solutions might be best for you.

carmen2012
07-04-16, 15:14
Thank you for your advice Tiller, stress & anxiety can contribute to a lot of health related issues. At the moment my rational thoughts have gone out of the window but I am seeing my Dr on Monday I'm very nervous .