PDA

View Full Version : Left side bigger than right.. Freaky

KatiePink
02-04-16, 23:56
This is slightly embarrassing and writing it is going to sound pathetic but here goes,

My left hip, breast, rib, and ear are all slightly bigger than the right. And i don't mean that i've been examining them and they're a tiny bit different, but i've asked people and they have said 'oh yeah you can see it' apart from the breast :blush:

My left ribs protrude much more than the right, my hip is far more defined and curved. Even my jaw line on the left side is more prominent than the right(could be possible TMJ) but i just find it a bit freaky?

Is it 'normal' to be asymmetrical like this :unsure:

helenhoo
03-04-16, 00:03
Yup!

ServerError
03-04-16, 00:05
I have one eyelid slightly bigger than the other. You can notice it. It just looks like I'm squinting a bit with one eye. One of my feet is bigger than the other. I'm fatter on one side than the other (really I am). The point is, we're human. Things aren't always perfect. It's okay not to be perfectly symmetrical.

Catherine S
03-04-16, 00:08
Yes for sure. Half of our body is a bit different, bigger, smaller, softer or harder than the other half...otherwise the mirrors wouldn't work :D and it also includes feet too.

Take care
ISB x

KatiePink
03-04-16, 00:10
The point is, we're human. Things aren't always perfect. It's okay not to be perfectly symmetrical.
And i'm a perfectionist in everything so makes things even worse for me, i know that everything is highlighted to me because of anxiety, and i notice things others would not.
Thank you

Just checked and my right eye is actually bigger than my left. Yay. lol

---------- Post added at 00:10 ---------- Previous post was at 00:10 ----------

Yes for sure. Half of our body is a bit different, bigger, smaller, softer or harder than the other half...otherwise the mirrors wouldn't work :D and it also includes feet too.

Take care
ISB x

:yesyes:

ServerError
03-04-16, 00:13
And i'm a perfectionist in everything so makes things even worse for me, i know that everything is highlighted to me because of anxiety, and i notice things others would not.
Thank you

Just checked and my right eye is actually bigger than my left. Yay. lol

---------- Post added at 00:10 ---------- Previous post was at 00:10 ----------

:yesyes:

Totally understand. However, I have to tell you, you'll never be symmetrical. Doesn't mean you're not perfect the way you are. :winks:

Catherine S
03-04-16, 00:16
Imperfect is the new perfect right? :noangel:

KatiePink
03-04-16, 00:18
It must be!

Catherine S
03-04-16, 00:24
Good girl, and if your mother thought you were perfect who are you to argue! :)

KatiePink
03-04-16, 00:32
Good girl, and if your mother thought you were perfect who are you to argue! :)

:roflmao:

Lin71
03-04-16, 08:30
100% normal! We're all a bit wonky but unless you look for it no one notices. If you have an i-pad, the photo editing tool has a 'mirror' option where it will make a photo totally symmetrical.... if you do it on a photo of your face it looks SO weird!!
I often think I am more wonky than others...I can't get glasses to sit straight on my face because my ears are different heights and I don't think my eyebrows are level....but I don't really care :D :D

I wouldn't trust a symmetrical person...theyre probably a robot or an alien.... :)

Lin x

jc27x
04-04-16, 11:15
Hi Katie, I am very uneven haha. It's my left side also.
I'm thinking maybe its because im right handed so I mostly use my right side, lifting, carrying and such?
Thats my logic anyway, it helped that my little sister is also a bit wonky and shes always willing to let me poke and prod her to check we're the same haha xxx