PDA

View Full Version : Word recall playing up

bukendaa
03-04-16, 12:30
Hello there as of late my word recall has been playing up and im lapsing when trying to remember the word i get stuck on i never usually have this problem but last month (march) ive been under intense stress. And was wondering if this can have a affect on cognition with words. And word association im worried could be brain tumour or alzhemiers or something. Im 20 and when i forget the word i get really worried and keep repeating to myself so dont forget.

Josh1234
03-04-16, 17:25
sounds like OCD.

helenhoo
03-04-16, 23:06
Yeah I was once worried about my speech. I was doing three things at once and said drippig intead on slipping, and a few other examples. It happens to most of us and is very common. I think it's a concern when you look at a bed and call it a table or soemthing and even then it's happening more and more regular

KatiePink
03-04-16, 23:14
Hi, I can relate to this. I've recently been through a very stressful period and have also found myself either struggling to remember the word i wanted to use, or having difficulty pronouncing it, making mistakes in my sentences ect, it did freak me out at first but i personally think it's because my mind is so hectic.
It's happened in the past through other stressful times as well x

bukendaa
04-04-16, 03:12
Yeah i think its the stress of things and a few lapses in memory.

MyNameIsTerry
04-04-16, 06:13
sounds like OCD.

I disagree. OCD is not diagnosed solely on as pattern of traits, it is the fact it is significantly impacting on the person's life. Otherwise, a lot more people would have OCD since the traits can be experienced with any anxiety disorder or in anyone without their extreme impact.

I think it is the OP's need to repeat the words that made you think this. That could be a compulsion but it could also just be a safety behaviour practicing in any anxiety disorder too. It could just be an OCD trait issue so more info would be needed. If the OP already OCD then I would agree as it will just be a new compulsion.

---------- Post added at 06:13 ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 ----------

OP - Have a look at some of the threads I posted in here as it shows others discussing memory and why it is affected by anxiety/depression.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=181623

It's a side effect of the impact on our Serotonin overuse most likely since that neurotransmitter is involved to regulate it, although it's not he only one. It's very common on here though, I've had loads of it over the years.